PDA

View Full Version : How playable is the Daemons Spearhead?

Kank
13-05-2008, 22:33
I was thinking of picking this up. I'm really new to FB and was wondering how playable the spearhead was out of the box. It might be some time before I could add anything to the army.

Thanks in advance.

Famder
13-05-2008, 22:45
It's not. A lot of it is characters, and if you want a playable army it is better to just buy some of the new models separately.

sulla
13-05-2008, 23:56
I was thinking of picking this up. I'm really new to FB and was wondering how playable the spearhead was out of the box. It might be some time before I could add anything to the army.

Thanks in advance.

Spearheads are collections of all the new miniatures released for an army. They are not really supposed to be coherent forces. The daemon one is no different.

DigbyWeapon
14-05-2008, 11:15
I don't happen to know if they have a battalion but they are generally pretty good.
Btw, if you're just starting out I would advise to steer away from a spearhead as having to paint that many minis can be daunting.

zak
14-05-2008, 11:19
The spearhead is not like the army deals released previously. They give you (as said before) everything new, but you would need to buy a lot more for a decent army. I would advise buying the troops and then buying the characters you want, rather than having a load of stuff you can't use.

Lordsaradain
14-05-2008, 12:19
If you want to start a demon army dont get the spearhead. If you already have a demon army and want to expand it, consider buying the spearhead.

KharnTheBetrayer01
14-05-2008, 14:58
Or ask Nicely at the store, most decent blueshirts (is it only my store that wears blue shirts?) will happily exchange any unwanted models in the spearhead for an equal cost. Say Demonettes for Bloodletters, or a fiend of slannesh for a beast of nurgle. Lonf as the price and basic type is the same its all good.

de Selby
14-05-2008, 16:09
I don't think you save any money on the spearhead, so basically just buy what you want individually. And that way you can spread out your purchases which is probably the best way unless you're trying to save on postage or something.