PDA

View Full Version : High Elf 2k

stampy
14-05-2008, 02:11
Hi All

Got a khorne daemon thread running as well, because i'm undecided between doing a khorne daemon army of the following high elf army:

Prince, mounted on star dragon, with Star Lance, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix 610pts

Mage with 2 Dispell Scrolls 140pts

Mage with 2 Dispell Scrolls 140pts

10 Archers 110pts

10 Archers 110pts

5 Dragon Princes with Standard Bearer, with Banner of Ellyrion, Champion with Skeinsilver 230pts

6 Dragon Princes 180pts

6 Dragon Princes 180pts

Repeater Bolt Thrower 100pts

So, obviously close combat will be handled by dragon princes and lord on star dragon, whilst repeater bolt throwers (mainly) and archers thin out units before combat is reached. Mages will provide the 1 turn, maybe 2 turn required magic defence prior to my units reaching combat.

So what do you guys think of this? Any units/items you would change in the army?

feedback much appreciated and look forward to hearing from you ;)

Stampy

Marwynn
14-05-2008, 03:20
You have 4 DD and 4 DS... Have you considered settling for 2 DS and the Staff of Sorcery? That'll add a +2 to all your dispel attempts.

If both of those Mages take High Magic there's a good chance they can also get off Drain Magic.

It's very gung-ho. But I'd drop the unit champion and the 6th DPs for some standard bearers. Might as well grab the Lion Banner and the War Banner. You may have to squeeze 5 points from somewhere.

That to me would be more useful than a few more attacks. At least, the Lion Banner would be.

stampy
14-05-2008, 04:06
You have 4 DD and 4 DS... Have you considered settling for 2 DS and the Staff of Sorcery? That'll add a +2 to all your dispel attempts.

I hadn't thought of that; god dam it, now in that horrible situation of not knowing which to choose. Staff would enable me to dispell up to 4 low key spells and prevent 'some' of the undead raising but scrolls better off for stopping the more potentially lethal lore of metal spells.

stampy
14-05-2008, 19:58
No one got any other ideas or reccommendations at all?