PDA

View Full Version : Daemons ala WE 2k

Da Black Gobbo
14-05-2008, 08:09
Greetings! "A friend of mine" ^^ is making a daemon army and "he" would like to know the opinion of the forum, so let me see what you think about it, "his" objetive is to have a fast and strong magic army so there you go, rip it!:

--Herald of Tzeench: master of sorcery and ranged attack abbility.
--Herald of Tzeench: same as above.

--Le Masque.

--Herald of Slaanesh: Many armed monstruosity.

--15 Daemonettes: Banner of siren, musician.

--14 Horrors: banner of +1 to cast.
--14 Horrors: Banner of +1 to cast.

--5 Seekers of Slaanesh: Banner of Siren.
--5 Seekers of Slaanesh: Banner of Siren.

--3 Screamers.
--3 Screamers.

--4 Flamers of tzeench.

--2 Fiends of Slaanesh.

PD:8 DD:6

As you can see is plenty of Fast Stuff, magic and some shooting, (like WE excepting magic but tzeenchian magic is almost shooting ^^)

What do you think??

Da Black Gobbo
14-05-2008, 16:51
C'mon guys 46 views and 0 replies??

Firebreather
14-05-2008, 17:25
I'm a very, VERY new Daemons player, but I'll go ahead and reply, if only because it seems nobody else is at the moment. In regards to the list, I actually really like it! It has a nice amount of magic, and also some pretty respectable amounts of killyness and speed. In my opinion, a rather nice army.

Now of course one should keep in mind my n00b status when it comes to Daemons, and I'm personally still in the process of putting together an army list. Right off, though, I can't see any glaring flaws in the list. The one thing I would change is to try and include a Greater Daemon as a Lord choice....somehow. This is a personal thing, of course, as I'm a huge fan of GDs in the new army book and can't resist wanting to field one whenever possible.

So, in conclusion, I think it's a very nice looking army, with nothing major I would suggest changing around too much at this point.

Firebreather
14-05-2008, 17:28
Actually, one thing I would suggest possibly considering is dropping something(s) to include a unit of 5 Flesh Hounds. These puppies are awesome by most accounts, and I've found myself including them in most every army list I make. Once again, I suppose it's mostly a personal choice and all that, but they could definately add some hard-hitting and fairly resiliant speed to the force. Maybe one of the Seeker units could be replaced with the Hounds?

Da Black Gobbo
14-05-2008, 17:42
Yep maybe and is a good idea, and sure it would make the army much better but i've try to keep it fluffy while competitive and i don't like Khorne and Nurgle guys.

Greater daemons are too expensive to play them at 2k in fantasty (the Keeper i want is more than 550 points for that price i preffer 4 heralds).

Anyother comment/suggestion??

Firebreather
14-05-2008, 17:56
Fair enough, keeping things fluffy is always good, so enough said on the Flesh Hounds.

Whether or not Greater Daemons are too expensive for a 2000 point game is probably one of those things that depends mostly on the individual player. In an army already full of relatively expensive units, having a single model that costs over a quarter of your full points value seems a little iffy to most. It IS a little crazy, I guess, but I like it anyway. It also cuts down on the number of models I have to paint too;)

I suppose I like the Greater Daemon option that much more because it gives me access to a high level spellcaster, so I can bring some of those nasty new spells into effect. Well, that's one reason anyway. Either way, like I said it's a personal choice, and I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. Four Heralds are definately an excellent choice, anyway:)

bojo
14-05-2008, 18:03
btw u may only have one of the one icon (the one of +1 to cast)

Firebreather
14-05-2008, 18:13
Nope, as far as I'm aware he can have as many of them as he has units of Horrors. You might be thinking of the BSB icons, of which you can only have the one. I'll check my book again to make sure(and avoid looking like an ass;)), but I'm fairly sure of this.