PDA

View Full Version : New Deamons List

Tuch
14-05-2008, 12:35
So I just can't seem to fit a KoS in a 2250 list and still get what I want so I ditched him and came up with this.

Herald of Khorne (General)
Juggernaut
Armor of Khorne
(165)

Herald of Tzeentch
Chariot
Master of Sorcery (Thinking Fire)
(200)

Herald of Tzeentch
Power Vortex
(145)

Herald of Nurgle (BSB)
Level 1
Palanquin
Noxious Vapors
Slime Trail
BSB
Banner of Sundering
(325)

Plaguebearers x 20
Full Command
Banner of Seeping Decay
(295)

Bloodletters x 20
Musician, Standard Bearer
Skull Totem
(283)

Horrors of Tzeentch x 20
(240)

Furies x 5
(60)

Furies x 5
(60)

Pleasure Seekers x 6
Musician, Standard Bearer
Siren Standard
(187)

Fleshhounds x 5
(175)

Fiends of Slaanesh x 2
(110)

PD 10, DD 6
Total 2245

If I were to use Special characters I would drop the magic level from the Herald of Nurgle and swap the Herald of Khorne for Skulltaker on a Juggernaut.

Tuch
15-05-2008, 02:53
Bumping to 1st page.

Really I'm just wondering if its better to keep the 20 block unit of Horrors with the Herald in it or if I should drop the unit down to 10 and place the second Herald on a chariot as well.

thenurgler
16-05-2008, 07:10
I guess I don't understand the purpose of this army. To me it looks like a decent army with a little bit of everything, magic, war machine hunters, and some infantry blocks. I guess I feel like it needs more focus in terms of the purpose of the army, think of a goal and the best way to achieve that goal. What do the Bloodletters contribute that's unique compared to the Plaguebearers, I feel like these are entirely different units and yet they appear similarly structured in this list.

Just my thoughts.

Marethar
16-05-2008, 09:06
A bit character heavy for me i think.

Other than that i agree with thenurgler, the list seems a bit un-focused. I would like to hear what plan you have for the army as a whole, and for each and every unit. It feels lika you took a little of that and a little of this and sprinkled some of that over the top, without any real plan. But maybe i am wrong, so if you tell us your plan we'll be a much better help..

/marethar

Tuch
16-05-2008, 12:52
My main plan was to take large units for resilience and to mix speed with hard hitting units and some decent magic. I don' want this list to simply exploit one method of play. I will make dual and mono god lists for that.

The strategy is fairly basic. Using the Plaguebearers as an anvil supported by the Bloodletters to one side with the seekers and fiends for flank support.

The Horrors and Fleshhounds will support the opposite side of the Plaguebearers though I need to tweak things a tad bit to pick up the points for one more hound to take them from being a good unit to a great one. I will need to play around a bit with setup on the horror side to see what works best, hopefully I'll get a chance to play the list this weekend.

Oh, as far as being character heavy, I spent far less points than I would have trying to get a greater daemon and 2 heralds, well unless of course I'd taken a Bloodthirster.

Znail
16-05-2008, 14:48
So, 3 blocks of infantry with heralds in them, 3 fast hard hitters, 2 cheap flyers. and a flying chariot. Only thing missing realy would be some flamers for ranged damage and you would have all phases cowered.

Dead Man Walking
17-05-2008, 06:56
I am not a fan of pleasure seekers, I wont field fast calvary that are immune to psychology. Part of what makes fast calv useful is the ability to run from a charge and then rally and move back into position. Since a deamon can not flee it makes the unit less useful to me, and unlike the woodelves Khurnous riders who are charge monsters.... well frankly seekers are not charge monsters, they sucketh.

I think that if your going to do a nicely balanced list (Kudos for doing multi gods and not focusing on one aspect.) you need key units like...

Tzeentch herald on chariot.
Plaguebearers x20 + herald (tar pit)
Khorne bloodletters or fleshhounds or bloodcrushers. (Flankers, killers)
Flamers of Tzentch x4.
Nurglings
Chaos furies x5-10
Screamers are a nice annoyance unit but dont make them too big.

As for special characters the only ones I would consider is skulltaker and Khairos. Bluescribes are nice and cheap but take up a character slot for basically a level 1 mage.

For lords Bloodthirster is tops, followed by LOC and GUO. I'm not a fan of keeper.

Tuch
17-05-2008, 12:10
Aye, I keep looking at the pleasure seekers thinking I could remove them for flamers. The main reason I have them is I have always had a unit of 6 Mounted Daemonettes in my HoC lists and they performed very well up the flank.

The reason I don't have screamers is I couldn't fit them (Daemons just got to damn much neat stuff). It seems one unit of 4 or 5 would be nice as I wouldn't go with more unless it was all I used my specials on, but that seems to me like a way to lose my friends.

oh, almost forgot, Keeper is King :p