PDA

View Full Version : 3500 O&G horde.

valdrog
14-05-2008, 13:41
Hello all, new guy here and loving the site, i was wondering if i could get some feedback on this list that im considering on taking to the Ard'Boys semi finals. Thanks!

LORDS
Skarnicks
Night Goblin Great Shaman:
lvl 4, warbos best um'at, magic shroom, staff of sneaky stealing

HEROES
Night Goblin Big Boss:
Battle Standard, lght armor, Bad Moon on a stick banner
Night Goblin Shaman:
lvl 2, horn of Urgok, magic shroom
Night Goblin Shaman:
lvl 2, Pipes of Doom, magic shroom
Night Goblin Shaman:
lvl 2, dispell scroll x2

CORE
Orcs:
20 orcs, big uns, shields, muscician, std, boss. magic banner: mork spirit totem
Orcs:
20 orcs, shields, musc, std, boss
Orcs:
20 orcs, shields, musc, std, boss
Night Goblins:
40 gobs, netters, std, musc, boss, 3x fanatics, spears
Night Goblins:
20 gobs, musc, bows, 3x fanatics
Night gobs:
20 gobs, musc, bows, 3x fanatics
Goblin Wolf Riders:
6 gobs, musc, boss, spears
Goblin Wolf Riders:
6 gobs, musc, boss, spears

SPECIAL
Boarboys:
10 boys, musc, std, boss, magic banner: war banner
Goblin Rock lobber:
Goblin Rock Lobber:
Goblin Spear Chukka:
Goblin Spear Chukka:
Goblin Spear Chukka:
Goblin Spear Chukka:

RARES
Giant:
Giant:
Giant:

I decided to do away with Orc Shamans and go full little waagh power, lots of destructive spells there with Mork wants ya beeing a favorite. Not taking Black orcs, i really dont see them getting into hand to hand before they get mangled by intensive shooting.
Taking 4 spear chukkas, this should be enough to take care of any pesky dragons or steam tanks.
3 giants beacuse they are just nasty, when they hit the enemy lines the ammount of destruction this guys can do is astronomical.
3 units of 20 orcs should give me a good strong back for my army to lean ( not sure if to take 3 units of 20 or two units of 30 )
The 40 night goblin unit is almost unkillable with so many gobbos in it, i just need to take care of my flanks.
9 fanatics are sure to make my oponents life a missery.

valdrog
15-05-2008, 12:44
Hmm, i just counted the ammount of units and is like 18, including warmachines, i think this is a bit to much...

Bunny Lord
15-05-2008, 21:39
I would drop the boar boys completly and add a big unit of 20 B orcs aside from that looks good.

You did quaalify in the first round to go to round 2 right?

Conotor
16-05-2008, 00:23
U have 5 charactures. This is not allowed.

Hand weopons are better then spears for netters.

You NEED an orc warboss general. BADLY. Drop your great shaman and one other shaman for the general.

Muncher666
17-05-2008, 07:24
U have 5 charactures. This is not allowed.

Hand weopons are better then spears for netters.

You NEED an orc warboss general. BADLY. Drop your great shaman and one other shaman for the general.

On the contrary - unless there is some rule for the tourney he's actually allowed to have 6 characters in a 3000 point army. 2 lords, even. Hell, he actually HAS 6 characters.

He doesn't need an orc warboss. Goblins are more fun. :) Why exactly does he need one? If you say leadership...

Allan.

valdrog
19-05-2008, 14:04
Thanxs for the replies guys.

In a 3500 game im allowed 6 characters, 2 lords and 4 heroes. Skarniks is a GREAT general for an army, i played a agame where i delayed 2 bolt trowers, a unit of white lions, teclis and a unit of dragon princes, and his LD of 8 aint bad at all.

Ive never used Orc generals, not sure why you would say i need one so bad that i have to drop my great shaman and another shaman for him.

Ive never had any luck with black orcs, they always get shot to hell in the first 2 rounds, the boarboys are harder hitting and have much better mobility, i run them with my giants for a flank busting group.

I did made a change on the list, i removed one orc unit and increased the other two to 25 orcs and took 3 snotling bases.