10 archers scouts

5 knights
banner

5 pistoliers
muscician

4 ogre bulls with extra hand weapons

--------------------------------------------

i can always switch the free company in for magic items on my wizards

the idea behind this is to use the small units as speed bumps to allow archers and wizards to whittle down the enemy for my cavalry and ogress

tell me what you think, its more of a have fun army then serious gameplay but i would lik to make a reasonable chance ingame.

also i have attached luf for this but i wil see how thread goes before getting inot that.

Malorian
14-05-2008, 19:42
You should at least works those units into detachments so that you can get more use out of them and they don't cause panic.

You probably also want to put those two spearmen units together to take full advantage of ranks and then get a banner in there.

Marwynn
14-05-2008, 19:50
Drop the Ogre bulls. They don't exactly fit.

The Spears would do best in 20-man units. Having a 10-man Archer screen there would probably be too big. Cut that to 5-6. Then use the Free Company as a detachment for the Spears.

And definitely, definitely give magical items to your mages. Lacking unit command choices even the spearblock won't last long.

If you don't want something that large, then I suggest breaking apart the Archers into 5-man detachments.

As in:
10 Spears
5 Archers det
5 Free Company det

Much more 'skirmishy' if that's what you were going for.

LemanRuss
14-05-2008, 20:24
ok so how about i change the archers and free company into detachements of 5 then i have them not causing panic and as small detachements that are irritating to target and could possibly get a flank in, then instead of spearmen i take a halberdiers unit, which is better in 10 man units then spearmen and a sowrdsman unit to hold up foes with weak attacks.

then i take 2 light wizards and hope on the unbreakable thin(big chance with 2 of them) and otherwise i just use the other spells etc.

the bulls wel here is where fluff comes in.

i am maing a unit of 4 warrior priests succumbed fully to sigmars fury in the heat of battle converted with flames of light and inner fire andd such.

the ogre rules represented this pretty nicely i thought giving extra movement fear causing and strentgh.

also this is a hunting party into deamon area and the chaos wastes or any undead region actually.