PDA

View Full Version : 2,250 Fluffy VC List

Eatainel
15-05-2008, 19:06
First try at a VC list, the fluff is pretty much worked out by I'm curious as to what people think of it from a gaming perspective.

Dietrich von Carstein=405pts *In Skeletons with spears
-Items:Flayed Hauberk, Book of Arkhan
-Powers: Dark Alcolyte, Walking Death, Avatar of Death(great weapon), Extra Level

Lorraine von Carstein=195pts *In Skeletons with HW/shields
-Items:Helm of Commandment, Nightshroud
-Powers: Dark Alcolyte, Lord of the Dead

Donovan von Carstein=150pts *In Blood Knights
-Powers: Dread Knight, Infinite Hatred

Cadaverous Carl=115pts *On Corpse Cart
-Invocation of Nehek, Vanhel's Danse Macabre, Power Stone, Dispel Scroll

20x Skeletons=225pts
-HW, spears, shields, light armor, FC, Banner of the Dead Legion

10x Skeletons=80pts
-HW, shields, light armor

25x Zombies=112pts
-HW, Musician, Standard Bearer

5x Dire Wolves=40pts

5x Dire Wolves=40pts

Corpse Cart=100pts
-Unholy Lodestone

20x Grave Guard=335pts
-HW, great weapon, heavy armor, FC, Banner of the Barrows

3x Fell Bats=60pts

5x Blood Knights=380pts
-HW, lance, shields, heavy armor, barded Nightmares, Musician, Standard Bearer, Flag of Blood Keep

Total=~2,250

So yea, I'm interested in feedback on how people think it would perform on the table top. I have a story in the works but need to know if any of my choices just won't handle well in a game or if the army could use tweeking.

Johanlorenz
15-05-2008, 20:11
personaly i would never give my lord a great weapon. I think it's a waste of his hige intiativ

Adam87
15-05-2008, 21:07
If he casts danse macabre or miasma of deathly vigour his lord and his unit will have the always strikes first rule. So I dont think it matters too much. Plus the extra str will help. I wouldnt take spears on your skeletons. Its much better to have a 4+ save. Your lord is there to kill people. Im not a fan of fell bats I dont think they are worth the points. I think the list would do well tho.

Teran
16-05-2008, 02:59
Your lord is already hitting at a str most characters need a GW to get to. It would cost 5 points more, but you could get dread knight even though the barding would be wasted on the hauberk, it grants you extra mobility if you want it and and a lance which gives you the str 7 on the charge and still allows you to take advantage of your good initiative.

backslide
16-05-2008, 03:44
its tiny and very character heavy, I don't think blood knights are worth the points

thenurgler
16-05-2008, 06:50
A lance is the same as a great weapon on the charge, except the additional save. So you don't get the 'bonus of initiative' if you're getting the strength bonus as well, because you'd strike first either way. Great weapons are fine, there are ways to grant always strike first, and it doesn't matter in the first round of combat. Negating armor saves versus knights is really effective.

g0ddy
16-05-2008, 14:53
Imho thats character light as far as vampires go...

If you were tot ake dreadknight on your lord.. you could ditch teh flayed hauberk (or give it to another vampire) as hed have his own 2+ save... possibly invest in a magic weapon or ward save?

~ g0ddy