PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Tzeench army?

Aekold
19-10-2005, 15:25
Well hi all! im new here for starts. anyways, im really have trouble of choose my army. im choosing between Khemri and Tzeench.

i have a coulpe of questions for all kick-@ss generals out there, that have won many a combat!

aight here it goes! How does chaos mortal tzeench really work? i mean, how do they perform on the field of battle? on paper they seem 2 be very good whit such large amount of powerdice! :eek: :cheese:

anyways im really scared of playing TK! cause they seem too be an hard tactic army 2 play! am i right? don't get me wrong i really like many of the models! in particular Ushabti, Tomb scorpion., TG, Bone giant, SSC, and TK and, Casket!

anyways if ppl can give me some advice on how to do? :angel: i would be very happy!

cheers. m8's:p

Latro
19-10-2005, 15:51
How does chaos mortal tzeench really work? i mean, how do they perform on the field of battle? on paper they seem 2 be very good whit such large amount of powerdice! :eek: :cheese:

Playing mortal Tzeench you can design your army basicly anyway you want to:

- multiple large units of marauders, supported by smaller elite Tzeench units
- all cavalry with lots of Knights, Chariots and mounted marauders
- ultra-small elite army with a Lord on Dragon, characters in chariots etc

Each has it's strong and weak points, in the end it all comes to personal preference.

anyways im really scared of playing TK! cause they seem too be an hard tactic army 2 play! am i right? don't get me wrong i really like many of the models! in particular Ushabti, Tomb scorpion., TG, Bone giant, SSC, and TK and, Casket!

Tomb Kings are indeed not a simple point-and-click army, it takes skill to design a good working army and bring it to victory ... that said, a well-balanced Tomb King army in the hands of a pro is a deadly tool of destruction :evilgrin:

My advice? ... just pick what you like and then learn how to win with it ;)

Renka
19-10-2005, 17:02
Many Tzeentchian armies rely heavily on just a few number of marked units suported by maxed out characters. This army is really hard to deal with due to the MASSIVE amounts of Power Dice cast about and the potentioal havoc wreaked by the Tzeentch magicks.

Tomb Kings too usually rely on their magic to see them though. Most of their units have sub-par stats, but if you add a couple of successfull spells that'll all change! Effects such as extra moment or attacks are not unusual, coupled by the infamous regeneration spells that allows your fallen warriors to rise yet again to see to it that your will be done.

A quick question though, is this your first Warhammer Fantasy Battles army? Your first army of any system?

Archaon
19-10-2005, 17:52
One thing you have to realize.. if you play the typical Tzeentch Power Army (a few tooled up Tzeentch Heroes on Disc, many marked units) you will get strange looks.. a lot.

This type of army ranges in the vicinity of the Skaven SAD (all shooty Skaven) or the Bret RAF (big Airforce Bretonnians).. i.e. powergaming lists which are no fun to play against if you are not prepared.

These lists have a bad reputation but if you are fine with that go ahead. Of course you can take a more balanced approach to Tzeentch Chaos Warrior and not annoy your opponents too much.

About Khemri i can't say much since i rarely play against them so i can't comment but they are a pain in the ass :D
If you get their priests however you have a nice walk against them (most of the time).

Your choice

Aekold
19-10-2005, 22:48
hehe thanks for the help ppl! keep em coming! =) well u will get stunned now..
i have tried 2 get an army for 7 YES SEVEN years.. but always...it all fine a while and i buy stuff.. then i got tired of it a start an new army! and the damn wheel goes on and on! and i have played many many games whit other models representing the army i want to play. just 2 see if they are fun..

anyways im tired of it now. and am really trying 2 put my damn foot down. so i can finally have an great army of ultimate doom and destruction! =P on the table top offcourse! ^^

and i want an army that i dont get tired of painting and quit..
so khemri seems really easy! and the great lord of change seems funny and cool 2 paint to. so i am in dire need of help.

i will not play an totally balanced army! but certainly not an powergaming list either. i dont want 5 chars that are flying everywhere and gahhh.....

any help is really really appreciated! (hows it spelled?) any how, if i want for example an Tzeench army of mortals. what should i buy for a good start?

cheers m8's

ps. ohh just rembered something. Are the tzeech magic really really good? ppl say that tzeench magic suck... but on paper it looks really good..what are your opinion ppl?

Crube
20-10-2005, 09:15
I played a Tzeentch Mortal list at the last Carnage Tourney, and managed to come last...

I had a blast though, and was faced with som eincredibly bad dice rolls (I Kknow but it's true...)

The thing with a Tzeentch army is the scariest thing is potential. You need a bit of luck on your spells, and your dice rolling.

I've found you either win big or lose big. There's very little scope tfor the middle ground.

The main advuice I can give is be decisive, and not be afraid to commit your troops.

I'm at work at the mo, so cant really go into too much detail, but If i remember, i will when iget chance...

PM me to remind me if you want...

Latro
20-10-2005, 09:16
Well ...

If you like the model of the Lord of Change, you could go for a Daemon Prince with the daemonic gift "Master of Mortals" to lead your mortal army. The downside would be that it does take a lot of points, especially if you back him up with some other Tzeench characters as well ... Tzeench armies tend to be character-heavy anyway.

It looks like the only type of Tzeench army I can think of will be a bit character-heavy and also small and elite ... ah well, here it comes anyway:

Daemon Prince of Tzeench (lvl 4)
2 Exalted Heroes of Tzeench flying around on Discs (2x lvl 2)

(that's allready about 1000 pts in characters, magic items incl!)

1 unit of Knights of Tzeench (+1 die)
2 Chariots of Tzeench (2x +1 die)
2 units of mounted Marauders
4 Firewyrms of Tzeench

I know, it's awful :angel: ... it must be Tzeench himself pulling my strings to make me post this army here.

:cool:

Aekold
20-10-2005, 13:12
dosent sound fun at all! that damn army! =( so i will lose hard if go whit a regular army then? whit marauders and warriors and such army stuff! maybe tzeench isent my thingie then.. i have been attracted towards nurgle i must say..

Slimy and cool looking rotten army that shambles foward....just as unstoppable as death..........wow...got a little carried away there! ^^

but ppl say that nurgle armies are not so good. if i had one such army my concept should be: A sorc lord on a rotten horse level 4 MoN. whit some cool arcane stuff! and 2 really big units whit marauders whit Full com. Light armour and shield and hand weapons. (zombie parts offcourse) then NO kinghts. instead i use Minos whit mark of nurlge and light armour and GW to flank whit..

hmm what more??

does this sound like a plan or am i just getting pwnd whit it?

cheers.

Latro
20-10-2005, 13:31
Actually, a Nurgle Horde is on my list of interesting-projects-that-I-might-eventually-do as well :)

- Nurgle Minotaurs (heavilly converted) as heavy-hitters instead of the usual knights

- Large infantry units (marauders)

- Smaller elite bodyguard unit of Nurgle Warriors, perhaps even chosen

- Hordes of skirmishing zombiethingies running ahead (= beastherds)

I might even be tempted to give it the Great Unclean one as general, the sight of that monster amidst a horde of decaying infantry is awsome :)

... I better get my current project finished ASAP :rolleyes:

Aekold
20-10-2005, 13:45
yeah that is precicly my idea 2! but the quetstion is how will it perform on the field of battle! and how the HECK can i have an GREAT UNLCLEAN ONE as general???

Latro
20-10-2005, 13:51
yeah that is precicly my idea 2! but the quetstion is how will it perform on the field of battle! and how the HECK can i have an GREAT UNLCLEAN ONE as general???

It would mean having a Daemonic General which limits the number of mortal and beast units in the army ... allthough Plaguebearers could perform very well as the elite bodyguard unit.

I don't think it would work if you want to go truely horde though ... too bad, it would look great :(

:cool:

Aekold
20-10-2005, 15:33
aww so plague bearers is good then? hmmm

well this discussion is starting to be very intresesting.

Timber_Wolf
20-10-2005, 17:37
you can just take a GUO as a lord and special choice (and hero, am i correct..?) and voila - he´s your general in 2k+ points.
just remember to take enough nurgle stuff and make sure everything has a nurgle / undivided mark.
nurgel is quite a good force, they are really resilent, have some of the coolest (not the maost powerfull, that´s slaanehs) spells and cause fear...not bad.
you woulden´t be able to use auto-breaks too often as you´re normaly heavily outnumbert, espacially with a greater demon as a general - but who cares?^^

Aekold
20-10-2005, 20:31
well ok. hmm im wondering if Khorne is good?

anyways. if i use an sorc lord then? is he worth the point. me and my friends are gonna play 3000pt battles! i think the model on the rotten horse, is just 2 damn cool...

opps just a thought! if a mark of nurgle hero join an marauder unit. can i auto-break then? cause marauders do outnumber and my hero cause fear! ^^

if the answer is yes. then it would be super good! ^^