PDA

View Full Version : Soooo. Khornate beast chariots...

Spirit
16-05-2008, 00:21
+4 attacks and +1 dispell for 45 points anyone?

As well as +1 power dice (Tzeench), and being core, what do you guys think of these new found beasts and their uses?

Herod
16-05-2008, 00:53
The Khorne one is cool - but expensive and fragile w/T4. I'll probably give them a whirl and see how it goes.

The Tzeentch one is too unreliable IMO - Leadership 7 with no re-roll. Panicking chariots are bad. :)

H

Urgat
16-05-2008, 09:17
Mmh, beast MoK gives frenzy, right? I dunno, it's really easy to bait a unit that can't march at all, but charges very far. It does sound good, but it's probably not a good idea in the end.

Neknoh
16-05-2008, 11:05
Khornate chariots are kind of yum, yes :evilgrin:

MarcoPollo
16-05-2008, 17:14
Are you sure about the +4 attacks. I thought khorne only gave extra attacks from frenzy to the riders not the mounts. So the gor and the ungor would get extra attacks but not the tuskagors.

However, if it is the case, the khorne chariots would cost 130 pts with T4 and can be auto popped. The reason I like the Tuskgagor chariots before, is that they were so cheap and unidivided. You usually had to work them in tandem (170pts), but now two khorne chariots are 260 pts (overkill in tandem -- not quite enough on their own still).

Plus being led around by the nose is not great.

Faustburg
16-05-2008, 17:36
Mark of Khorne including sedatives for steeds are ending with the Hordes of Chaos book going out of play... now it is by-the-BRB Frenzy all the way.

Seems good enough. As have pointed out, vulnerable to baiting, but sensible use of screening doggies and you have a hard-hitting hammer blow.

decker_cky
16-05-2008, 18:27
Surprisingly easy to screen with the doggies considering the charging from behind screens.

Here's what I'll be trying:
Beastlord of Tzeentch with Black Maul and Goretooth on Chariot of Tzeentch

Can't cast bears anger on the rider, but you have both frenzy and hatred on the chariot. Anything you hit is dead.

You can still cast bears anger on nearby characters.

explorator
16-05-2008, 21:20
I find the Khorne and Nurgle marked chariots to be over-priced. For the cost of two MoK beast chariots, I could get three w/MoCU. Tzeentch and Slanesh marks are costed about right, with the win going to Tzeentch for pure utility.

Dead Man Walking
16-05-2008, 22:46
You dont want a khorne chariot when the enemy is standing in the woods, you have to go in and you have to take d6 str 6 wounds cause chariots are not good at running through woods. All it would take is a 60 point unit of skinks to kill your chariot.

Goat T
18-05-2008, 01:14
decker_cky Re: Soooo. Khornate beast chariots...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surprisingly easy to screen with the doggies considering the charging from behind screens.

Here's what I'll be trying:
Beastlord of Tzeentch with Black Maul and Goretooth on Chariot of Tzeentch

Can't cast bears anger on the rider, but you have both frenzy and hatred on the chariot. Anything you hit is dead.

You can still cast bears anger on nearby characters.

Does the Gore Tooth give hatred to the Tuskors? What about the impact hits? Are we allowed to re-roll the amount of impact hits? (wishful thinking).

theunwantedbeing
18-05-2008, 01:26
The goretooth grants hatred to the bearer.
Hatred is conferred to all parts of the model, this includes the tuskgors pulling any chariot the bearer of the goretooth may be mounted on, and it's crew.
The same happens with frenzy.

You'll get a very hard hitting chariot with that combo, albeit one which is rather easily to neutralise with something strength 7.

Impact hits dont benefit from hatred or frenzy.

popisdead
23-05-2008, 21:52
they are awesome if you can roll ok as you get 5 + D6 S5, 2 S4 and 2 S6 attacks a dispell scroll, core choice at 135 pts.

I used 4 in a tourney and it was fun.

Spirit
24-05-2008, 08:13
You dont want a khorne chariot when the enemy is standing in the woods, you have to go in and you have to take d6 str 6 wounds cause chariots are not good at running through woods. All it would take is a 60 point unit of skinks to kill your chariot.

I was of the opinoin that you were not obliged to charge if it ment the death of the chariot, am i wrong?

fubukii
24-05-2008, 12:06
frenzy makes it so you have to charge a enemy if your in range, as far as my knowledge theres no rule stopping that.

The Red Scourge
27-05-2008, 11:15
I was of the opinoin that you were not obliged to charge if it ment the death of the chariot, am i wrong?

Well you aren't only if you're frenzied :evilgrin:

Spirit
27-05-2008, 15:43
Ah lol, well that makes the mark a lot less tempting! Tzeench it is for me then!