PDA

View Full Version : 2,000pts Dark Elves

Milney
16-05-2008, 08:43
Well having been AWOL from my Dark Elves for the past few months (playing High Elves of all things! *shudder*) I've decided that in the run up to the new book being released I'll dig out the good ol' Druchii and get back in the mindset.

So without further ado, here's what I'm thinking of taking as an all-round list. Suggestions?

Lord:

High Sorceress; Level 4, Dark Pegasus, Darkstar Cloak, Lifetaker, Crown of Black Iron.

Heroes:

Noble [General]; Armour of Darkness, Sword of Might.

Assassin; Additional Hand Weapon, Manbane, Rune of Khaine.

Sorceress; Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Seal of Ghrond.

Core:

27 Dark Elf Warriors; Shields, Full Command.

10 Dark Elf Warriors; Repeater Crossbows, Shields.

6 Dark Riders; Musician.

6 Dark Riders; Musician.

Special:

7 Shades

7 Shades

12 Executioners; Driach-master

Rare:

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

Comes to exactly 2000pts. 9 PD; 6 DD; 1 Scroll.

Suggestions?

Milney
17-05-2008, 18:45
Well I went off and after a little thinking, decided to tinker with the list to try and crowbar some Repeater Crossbows onto the Dark Riders.

New and "Improved" list below;

Lord:

High Sorceress; Level 4, Dark Pegasus, Darkstar Cloak, Crown of Black Iron.

Heroes:

Noble [General]; Armour of Darkness, Sword of Might.

Assassin; Additional Hand Weapon, Manbane, Rune of Khaine.

Sorceress; Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Seal of Ghrond.

Core:

27 Dark Elf Warriors; Shields, Full Command.

10 Dark Elf Warriors; Repeater Crossbows.

6 Dark Riders; Musician, Repeater Crossbows.

6 Dark Riders; Musician, Repeater Crossbows.

Special:

6 Shades

6 Shades

12 Executioners

Rare:

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

9 PD; 6 DD; 1 Scroll.

Suggestions? /poke

Edit:

Also, thinking - should I swap out the Executioners and try and scrouge together the points to replace them with some (~6?) Cold One Knights. I've never been a fan, but with the new knights coming out I'm sorely tempted to finally add some to my lists.

Conotor
18-05-2008, 11:20
Only read the first one.
-You need a BSB.
-Executioners are much more effective with Banner of Murder. You can usualy charge cavalry if your opponent doesn't expect it.

stampy
18-05-2008, 11:27
I personnally think assassins are really rubbish for their pts cost. Change it out for another lvl 2 sorceress. Otherwise a good list

Milney
18-05-2008, 17:54
-You need a BSB.

A BSB? Hmm, I don't know. I've only really got two static combat units (the Spearelves and the Executioners) so I don't know if a re-roll of break tests is really worth the character slot.

I'll take it into consideration, especially with what Stampy commented on (see below).

I personnally think assassins are really rubbish for their pts cost. Change it out for another lvl 2 sorceress. Otherwise a good list

Good point. The Assassin is a hefty points sink, but he's always served me well over the past 4 years or so. He *is* alot of buck for his bang (if you catch my drift), so perhaps instead of replacing him with an extra sorceress maybe take an extra Noble as a BSB with the Warbanner - pushing the Spearelves static CR to +7 instead of +5?

Thanks for the input guys, I'll have a tinker with the list and see what I can come up with :)

EndlessBug
19-05-2008, 00:16
BSB isn't really needed as with a magic banner he's dead in seconds in combat anyway. Although I'd give the assassin the touch of death (KB one right?) instead of the other ones, he wont do much assassinating with that set up IMO.

i'd also drop 7 warriors and get an extra 5 Executioners (12 is not static combat res with only +1 as it is sorry) making them 5x4 and 6x3 respectively, also drop Dark Riders to 5 and buy a command for the execs, also if you can buy the banner of murder for them (always drop a shade or 2 for this). That will give you 2 nice units instead of one big not very hitty one and a small nasty one which are far too easy to deal with alone.

Otherwise good setup nice mix of heroes and choices of special/rare/core

Milney
19-05-2008, 11:37
BSB isn't really needed as with a magic banner he's dead in seconds in combat anyway. Although I'd give the assassin the touch of death (KB one right?) instead of the other ones, he wont do much assassinating with that set up IMO.

Touch of Death is a waste of points. Not only does it rely on lucky dice rolls, but its points cost (30) is prohobitive in what other abilities the Assassin can take. At best you'd then be looking at just giving him Dark Venom, or a meaningless enchanted item.

With Touch of Death you'd be having 4 Str 4 attacks, relying on KB to hurt anything.

Manbane and Rune of Khaine means that he get 5 attacks always wounding on a 3+. Advantage of this is that not only does he have more attacks, more wounds, but his modified strength is used for the save modifier. Many a Dwarf Lord has been taken by surprise with a Str 6 nutcase leaping out at them.

i'd also drop 7 warriors and get an extra 5 Executioners (12 is not static combat res with only +1 as it is sorry)

I never said the Executioners had static combat res. 12 is purely for a 6 frontage (maximised attacks) and some extra bodies to absorb firepower before they makea flank charge.

Thanks for the input though, I'll take it into consideration.