PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 vampire counts

the eater of pie
16-05-2008, 22:45
i made this list yesterday, and im not sure if i like it or not. i usualy have alot more magic but less units.

lord

vampire lord+ master of the black arts+ lord of the dead+ black periapt+ flayed hauberk+ lv 3
=360

heroes

vampire+ BSB+ walking death+ drakenhof
=275

core

20 skeletons+ command+ banner of endless nightmare
=205

15 skeletons+ command
=140

20 zombies
=80

corpse cart+ balefire
=100

corpse cart+ balefire
=100

special

20 graveguard+ command+ banner of dead legion
=295

rare

varghulf
=175

5 cairn wraiths+ banshee upgrade
=275

total:2004 (if my opponent complains i'll just drop a skeleton)

well, there it is. i usually try to max out on characters and magic but decided to take a different route this time.

any/all comments welcome.

cheers,
the eater of pie

Malagant
17-05-2008, 05:06
Seems a pretty solid list. The GG with the BSB will be unstoppable. I'm a big fan of the Lodestone, though...maybe swap a Balefire for one?

I'm really down on Zombies though...since you have Lord of the Dead, maybe you could try three units of 15-ish skeletons? Maybe drop champions from the units that you won't be putting vampires in? On the first turn you should have opportunity to boost up those units to full size with no difficulty.

Great list...you're making me reconsider mine!

<edit> Oh, what about scaring up points to put GW on the GG? They'll likely have lots of chances to have ASF!

VC Doke
18-05-2008, 00:25
Give the BSB HW&S. Most BSB can have equipment like that in the new books. Regeneration is good, but you gotta put a 3+ HtH save on him.

Overall looks good. Only two characters should be interesting.

the eater of pie
18-05-2008, 10:41
thanks for the comments. i made some changes, as suggested.

lord

vampire lord+ master of the black arts+ lord of the dead+ black periapt+ flayed hauberk+ lv 3
=360

heroes

wight king+ BSB+ drakenhof
=225

core

15 skeletons+ command+ banner of endless nightmare
=165

15 skeletons+ std+ mus
=132

14 skeletons+ std+ mus
=124

corpse cart+ balefire
=100

corpse cart+ balefire
=100

special

20 graveguard+ command+ banner of dead legion
=295

rare

varghulf
=175

6 cairn wraiths+ banshee upgrade
=325

Total: 2004

i changed walking death for avatar of death on by BSB, and swaped out the zombies for some more skeletons. i decided to stick with balefire, rather than swaping to loadstone.

what tactics would you use with this list? also, would you make any more changes?

-EDIT- changed the BSB for a wight king as he has more survivability and is quite a bit cheaper. i dropped a skeleton so i could fit in another wraith.

cheers,
the eater of pie

Malagant
18-05-2008, 19:10
I like the Wight King a lot, but I wouldn't do it. He won't allow units to March, and he won't be able to cast IoN.

EvC
18-05-2008, 23:10
You can just about get away with having only two models with the Vampire ability, but it will be tough. Also it'd be a good idea to give your Wight King a great weapon, S6 killing blow is a lot more attractive than S4 killing blow ;)

Mike KK
18-05-2008, 23:15
you need those champions in the skelle units for when something big like a dragon charges them especially if the guy holding up the army is in there....undead champs are the bane of star dragons

the eater of pie
19-05-2008, 15:30
would you chose the vampire BSB or the wight king one? also, why do i need champs in the skeleton units?

is there anything that the list lacks in? if so, what would you add, and what would you drop to fit it in?

cheers,
the eater of pie

E-616
19-05-2008, 15:40
you need those champions in the skelle units for when something big like a dragon charges them especially if the guy holding up the army is in there....undead champs are the bane of star dragons

QFT, last game I played I destroyed a Bloodthirster with a simple Skeleton champion in a challenge, even caused a wound on it before it popped ;)

Andrew Luke
19-05-2008, 17:12
A Nasty combo is the wight King BSB leading the GG and one of them having the Banner of the Barrows. +1 to hit for the Wight King is KILLER. I really like the list overall tho.

the eater of pie
19-05-2008, 17:36
another question is, if i do go with the wight king, should i arm him with shield&HW or great weapon?

thanks for all the feedback so far.

cheers,
the eater of pie

Andrew Luke
19-05-2008, 17:50
I do the opposite of what the unit has for diversity. For my Vamp BSB I like the extra hand weapon to protect great weapon GG. If you gonna be near a corpse cart definitely take a great weapon, as if you get ASF its killer.