PDA

View Full Version : Log of Orks, Tyranids and Black Templars

ORKY ARD BOYZ
17-05-2008, 06:01
Hello

I have 3 unfinished, unpainted armies of 40K, I didn't start a log to give me motivation to finish them, games are enough for that but I would like some painting tips, advice for my armylist, etc. Please feel free to comment.

My ork army list is:

Warboss, power klaw, cybork body

10 nobz with 3 powerklaws

23 shoota/slugga boyz with two rokkit launchas and nob with powerklaw

22 shoota/slugga boyz with two rokkit launchas and nob with power klaw

= 750 points

I already made a looted vehicle but I couldn't fit it in my list, I'll include it in games of above 750 points.

EDIT: The looted vehicle, boyz and warboss are all WIP.

Heathgrove
17-05-2008, 06:25
Those are some wicked models, excellent paintwork on them! That Leman Russ is one of the better looted tanks I've seen so far, realy great work. But... I realy think you should do something about the bases! At least give the bases a little sand or something, I think it woulr bring your army to a new level.

A13X
17-05-2008, 06:32
Hey Orky Ard Boyz,

Your armly list seems pretty solid enough but I don't play orks so I can't really comment on it...

No-offence but the image quality is pretty bad, though that may just be your camera. The pics look great on the thumbnails though, just really blurry when I click on them.

The looted tank looks sweet, shame you couldn't fit it in your list. The warboss looks cool too. ;)

Looking foreward to some more updates this is looking pretty promising. *subscribed* :)

-A13X

ORKY ARD BOYZ
17-05-2008, 07:49
Those are some wicked models, excellent paintwork on them! That Leman Russ is one of the better looted tanks I've seen so far, realy great work. But... I realy think you should do something about the bases! At least give the bases a little sand or something, I think it woulr bring your army to a new level.

I like to paint before I base, that bit is coming next.

Hey Orky Ard Boyz,
Your armly list seems pretty solid enough but I don't play orks so I can't really comment on it...
No-offence but the image quality is pretty bad, though that may just be your camera. The pics look great on the thumbnails though, just really blurry when I click on them.
The looted tank looks sweet, shame you couldn't fit it in your list. The warboss looks cool too. ;)
Looking foreward to some more updates this is looking pretty promising. *subscribed* :)

Hi Alex, want a game in the holidays? My orks want your dark eldar. :D

The Laughing God
17-05-2008, 15:18
The pics are a bit blurry but they do look very good. I like the green skintone alot, and the russ is especially good, the wooden parts make it look more orky.

Now...post some NIDS

ORKY ARD BOYZ
18-05-2008, 04:07
The pics are a bit blurry but they do look very good. I like the green skintone alot, and the russ is especially good, the wooden parts make it look more orky.

I'm not very good at taking pictures. :cries:

Now...post some NIDS

The pic below is my attempt to build a babyphant, a minature hierophant, inspired by a really good tyranid website,
http://www.hivefleetmoloch.de/babyphant-michael.php

The babyphant in that website got me thinking of making my own. However, it looked too bulky to me, the hierophant seems more like a huge, delicate insect. I plan to scupt a longer torso on the carnifex body that extends downwards like the actual hierophant. It's my first sculpt so it's not that great. I paln to cut the neck off but I'm having trouble with that.

The Laughing God
19-05-2008, 02:00
Very cool "babyphant"! I might have to try that out sometime. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

ORKY ARD BOYZ
19-05-2008, 04:38
I'm getting some wire and expoy from the hardware store for sculpting, after Thursday, which will be the last day of my exams.

Nice Tyranids, Laughing God, I like unique colour scheme, here's mine though it's pretty mcuh copied from the Forgeworld one. It's the green and bone tyranids, thanks to Catbarf who gave me the Forgeworld colour scheme.

Sculpting is so tiring. It took me an afternoon to finish the head.

ORKY ARD BOYZ
19-05-2008, 11:03
Sorry for the double post but...

THIS IS SPARTA!!11oneoneone!!11

I tried to resist making a chapter based on the Spartans but the combination of the action in 300, seeing an awesome chapter symbol by Struth! and generally just liking the greek hoplites crumbled my resistance. It's a WIP but you can see what it should turn out to be like. Thanks to Struth! for letting me base my chapter symbol on his.

Regarding the pic of the Space marine surrounded by orks, who do you think will win? :D

A13X
20-05-2008, 08:45
Hi Alex, want a game in the holidays? My orks want your dark eldar. :D

Bring it!! My Ravager wants your tank. :) Though I'll remember to go easy on you this time...;)

Anyways, new stuff is looking pretty good. I like the freehand details on the spartan marine, thats awsome, and the eye highlights, but the rest of his body actually looks pretty messy (no offence tho)... The warrior looks just great.

Looking foreward for more updates...

-A13X

PaintedBalloon410
17-07-2008, 22:53
like the marine and the orc tank is kwl