PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Dark Elves vs new Deamons of Chaos (with pictures)

ferda
17-05-2008, 09:48
Last week, I had a first game with Deamons of Chaos. My english is pretty bad, Im sorry for that. I hope you´ll like it.

Dark Elf Army:

Highborn on Black Dragon
Gaunlet of power, Crown of Black Iron, SDC, HA, Shield

Noble on Cold one
BSB, Sword of Might, Seal of Ghrond

10 warriors, musician

2x5 Dark Riders

Cold One Chariot, spears

5 Harpies

5 Cold one Knights, musician, standart, war banner

6 Cold one Knights, musician, standart, Standart of Slaughter

4 Reaper Bolt Throwers

Deamon Army

Keeper of Secrets
3 lvl mage, Siren Song, Allure of Slanesh, Torment Blade

Herald of Slanesh
Siren Song dont remember others.

Herald of Nurgle on Palanquin
BSB, 1lvl mage, Great Icon of Despair, Staff of Nurgle

15 Deamonetess, full command, Siren Standart
15 Deamonetess, full command, Banner of Ecstasy
21 Plague Bearers, full command, Standart of Seeping Decay

5 Furies

Fiend of Slanesh

Magical Items list:

Gaunlet of Power -Str 8, no armour saves.
Crown of Black Iron - 5+ward save
Sword of Might - +1Str
Seal of Ghrond - +1 Dispel dice
War Banner - +1 to CR
Standart of Slaughter - +D3 to CR first time unit charges

Siren Song - Nominate one enemy in 20inches, the siren song forces the enemy to charge or flee
Allure of Slanesh - Enemy models must pass ld test to attack the wearer.
Torment Blade - Enemies who get wound from this weapon have to pass ld test to attack the wielder.

Great Icon of Despair - all enemy units within 12inch suffer -2 penalty to their Ld.
Staff of Nurgle - Bound spell, spell from Nurgle magic d6s5, pass T test or another d6s5

Siren Standart - enemy charged by unit holding this standart can only hold
Banner of Ecstasy - the deamons with this standart a Stubborn on their first break test
Standart of Seeping Decay - Deamons holding this standart may re-roll failed rolls to wound.

ferda
17-05-2008, 09:55
Magic

Keeper of Secrets rolled 1,2,4:

Acquiscense
5+, range 18i, if successfull, target is subject to stupidity to the rest the game
Cacophonic Caress
6+, range 2d6i, all units in 2d6i get d6S3 no as allowed
Pavane of Slanesh
8+, range 24i, choose enemy model, he has to pass ld test or get d6 wounds with no as allowed

Herald of Nurgle
Miasma of Pestilence
3+, all enemy models in BtB reduce their WS,T,I,A to 1, until next friendly magic phase

ferda
17-05-2008, 10:01
Deployment:

Deamons from left to right:

Fiend of Slanesh, Deamonetess with Siren Standart, furies, Keeper of Secrets, Deamonetess with Banner of Ecstasy and Herald, Plague beareres with Herald.

Dark Elves from lef to right:

harpies, reapers, Dark Riders, chariot, Knights with War Banner and BSB, Highborn on Dragon, Knights with standart of Slaughter, reapers and warriors, Dark Riders

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8120/predjo2.png

ferda
17-05-2008, 10:14
1) Daemons

Almost all deamons move incredibly fast to my positions.
Nurgle Herald casts Miasma
Keeper cast Acquiscense on my Dragon, but I dispell

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4285/1kolodbj5.png

1) Dark Elves

Herald of Slanesh sings Siren Song, that maims my Dragon, and since he doesnt want to leave battlefield, I have to charge.
Dark Riders charge furies.

2 reapers shoot fiend, dealing a single wound, 1 miss the Keeper of Secrets.

Unnaturally fast Deamonette champion challenges my Lord dealing him 1 wound, Dark Elf lord, amazed that a lesser demon harmed him, together with dragon deals 6 wounds to her, she passes two ward saves. Dragon loses by one, and with total -3 modifer he flees. Deamonetes are fast, but dragon flies too far from them.

Dark riders smash the furies and wipe them out, loosing one rider.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9458/1kolodeih2.png

2) Daemons

Deamonettes with Siren Banner charge my Dark riders, poor elves maimed with dirty magic have to hold.
Deamonettes with Herald charge my Chariot, I decide to flee throught my Reaper, killing one crewman and almost destroying the machine itself. Then, he leaves the battlefield.
Hell-fast Fiend of Slanesh charges my fleeing dragon, almost driving it off the table.

In magic I dispell all enemy spells, but after that a nasty bound spell kills one Cold one knight.

Dark riders get slaughtered and Deamonettes over-run.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3068/2koloddu6.png

2) Dark Elves

Dark elf noble yells "Charge!" and the Cold one knigths charge the flank of Deamonetes with their Herald (i passed stupidity on ld 7)

Dragon regroups.

Other 3 dark elf units prepare for a mighty charge, fatal for Plague bearers.

Reapers finally shot down the fiend, and the other two dealed 3 wounds to a Keeper of Secrets! Whos deamonic defences were to weak to hold those two mighty bolts.

In combat, Enourmly fast Deamons deal 3 wounds to my Cold ones, but i save all. Mighty knights kill 3 lesser deamons and win by 5, but the Banner of Ecstasy fills the girls with such euphoria, that they dont care and are stubborn and none return to warp.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9484/2kolodezs9.png

3) Daemons

Deamonettes charge my reaper, poor elves have to hold and get killed.
Plague Bearers charge flank of my Knights, but they are too slow to get to the combat.

Keeper of Secrets amazingly fast moves to my lines, preparing to get that Black Dragon down with his dirty magic.

In magic, Keeper casts Pavane of Slanesh with irresistible force, my lord Fails ld test and the elf´s soul is shaken, getting a single wound.

In combat, Deamonettes strike first, but they are too weak to get throught Knights heavy armours. The knights deal some wounds and win.

The crewmen get killed. Deamons decide not to over-run.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8827/3kolodhm2.png

3) Dark Elves

Keeper of Secrets sings the sweet siren song, and the elf lord´s mind is too weak to resist. I got to charge again.
The whole dark elf army decide to charge the plague bearers. But bad things happen. The Knights were unable to ride cold ones properly, so they couldnt charge. Warriors were too scared to charge that terrible looking deamons.
So the dark riders alone, charge rear of Plague Bearers, quite confused why their mates didnt charge either.

Two bolt throwers shoot 18 bolts of doom into the Deamonetes, killing 5 of them.

In combat, unnaturally swift Greater daemon slashes my Highborn down. And tries to get throught the dragons mighty scales. Dragon passes two ld tests, and with bites the deamon dealing one wound. The deamons looses combat by one and with the last wound remaining he retreats to the warp.
The swift Deamonettes take down one knight, the knights strike back. A draw.
Poor dark riders flee from the unfair fight, loosing 2 horses.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9625/3kolodeud8.png

4) Daemons

Deamonettes charge my reaper, the lonely crewman fails fear test and runs from the battle field.
The horde of Plague Bearers, thanks to dark elf bad discipline, charge the rear of my fighting Knights.

In combat, dies one Knight, Plague bearer who challenged my Noble, and one Daemonette. Knights thick armours work well.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/233/4kolodln5.png

4) Dark Elves

Mighty cold one knights get the control over their mounts and charge Plague Bearers.
Fast cavalry regroup and the warriors move closer to the combat.
Dragon flies behind the deamonettes, taking a deep breath.

Noxious breath of dragon kills 3 lesser daemons, reapers kill another one.

Mighty charge of cold ones didnt kill ANY Plague bearer, the ugly deamons strike back and kill a knight. My noble bravely dies in challenge with the beast on palanquin. The other knights kill a daemonette.

Elves hold.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7590/4kolodecc1.png

5) Daemons

Daemonettes move closer to reapers and the Nurgle herald casts Miasma of Pestilence. Thats fatal for my knights.

In combat, daemons win and all the knights flee. Daemonettes pursure the ones who had Standart of Slaughter and the Plague bearers the smaller unit. Both units flee far enought, not to get slaughtered.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8871/5kolodck9.png

5) Dark Elves

The warriors and dark riders charge Daemonettes with herald. Passing their fear tests.
Both Knights regroup.
Dragon flies, getting ready to charge the plague bearers with the rest od Elf army.

In shooting, i reduce deamonettes to one model. Khaine smiles upon us!
In combat i wipe out the fast daemons loosing few warriors! Seeing the battle is lost, Slanesh Herald flees to the warp. Khaine smiles upon us!

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8913/5kolodeep0.png

6) Daemons

Plague bearers reform, preparing to get charged.

In magic, i fail to dispel the bound spell and two knights get their organs turned to rot. Others seeing it, decide to flee as far as they can from that terrible mage.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9753/6kolodsx6.png

6) Dark Elves

The Black Dragon charges the last daemonette on the battle field, and the reapers unleash their bolts on plague bearers, doing very little casulties. The knights regroup and the dark riders ride away from daemons, to take a quarter.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8813/6kolodeov4.png

A victory for Dark Elves!!

12:8 (like 500points)

eagletsi1
18-05-2008, 14:58
Nice Job and Report.

Next time use blue and red to represent both armies. It was very had to understad with them having almost the same colors

theunwantedbeing
18-05-2008, 15:05
Yes please colour code them......otherwise brilliant battle report.

Draconian77
18-05-2008, 15:16
I agree about the colour coding but great bettle report.

Filthy demons don't have anything on Dark Elves! :D

Gimp
18-05-2008, 17:43
Proof that DE still have it and daemons are not that over powered.

Great battle report and your English was good not a problem there. Keep the battle reports coming although next time try to colour code the pics.

SevenSins
18-05-2008, 17:56
nicely done, congrats on beating the demons. Your english is just fine

Glad to see bot DE win and with lots of cold ones to boot

ferda
18-05-2008, 18:36
Thank you. Also thanks for your advices, i tried to distinguish heroes, and cassulties, btw a noob question, how to make pictures visible to all, not to click on link? Thanks

sigur
18-05-2008, 18:49
Nicely done. Of course I would have preferred the winning druchii army to look a bit different (dragon, 4RBT and the total lack of infantry is tad bland) butI guess it's justified against daemons.

Nice battle report too. I second the demand for colour-coded armies but apart from that you did it well. Your english isn't a problem but there's a little thing I should mention: Thanks a lot for clearing up what the magic items, spelly and banners do. Oftentimes, I can't follow battle reports because I don't know what the respective army's items do but posting rules is against Warseer™'s poicy, I'm afraid so please edit your postings and maybe replace the explanational bits with more vague phrases like:

"Siren Song - Nominate one enemy in 20inches, he has to charge or flee." ->
"Siren Song - Forces the enemy to charge or flee"

...which still is a bit in a grey area of the rules so if you don't want excessive editing, just delete those explanations.

ferda
18-05-2008, 19:26
Nicely done. Of course I would have preferred the winning druchii army to look a bit different (dragon, 4RBT and the total lack of infantry is tad bland) butI guess it's justified against daemons.

Nice battle report too. I second the demand for colour-coded armies but apart from that you did it well. Your english isn't a problem but there's a little thing I should mention: Thanks a lot for clearing up what the magic items, spelly and banners do. Oftentimes, I can't follow battle reports because I don't know what the respective army's items do but posting rules is against Warseer™'s poicy, I'm afraid so please edit your postings and maybe replace the explanational bits with more vague phrases like:

"Siren Song - Nominate one enemy in 20inches, he has to charge or flee." ->
"Siren Song - Forces the enemy to charge or flee"

...which still is a bit in a grey area of the rules so if you don't want excessive editing, just delete those explanations.

Aham u know, english isnt my native language, sometimes i got problems to explane things properly, I am DE player, not daemon, I dont remember all the explanations properly. Anyway, thanks!

Asfaloth
18-05-2008, 21:21
Very nicely done. With so many shiny new toys the daemon player had, I'm surprised you did so well.

Lexy
19-05-2008, 09:35
Good read.

Just one question:

How did this happen?

Two bolt throwers shoot 18 bolts of doom into the Deamonetes, killing 5 of them.

In turn 3?

How can two bolt throwers shoot 18 bolts, when they have 6 per RBT?

ferda
19-05-2008, 14:34
i see there 3 bolt throwers, one in front of the girls, and the other two on right side of battlefield

Feefait
19-05-2008, 20:34
Very nice. Clear and narrative both. Grats. I thought for a bit that you would be slaughtered but they just couldn't finish you off. Good job.

Chaos Mortal
20-05-2008, 12:50
good report and your english was great, looks like the plaguebearers were tough to shift.

Gabacho Mk.II
20-05-2008, 22:44
Good job on the report!

[while I am currently gaming with High Elves, it is always nice to see two enemies fighting it out with one another and killing eachother...:evilgrin:]

ferda
22-05-2008, 08:39
Soon im going on my last tournament with old dark elves. Expect reports with Daemons, Vampire Counts, Tomb Kings and another nasty armies.

Fulgrim's-Chosen
22-05-2008, 10:51
One possible mistake on the Daemon Player's part.

It looks like he gave his general, the Keeper of Secrets:

Siren Song, Allure of Slaanesh, Unnatural Swiftness, Torment Blade.

* Here's the thing. The Keeper of Secrets cannot select "Unnatural Swiftness", as it's a gift ONLY for the Daemon Princes. Additionally, why would the Keeper even WANT to pay for that gift ? All it does is grant "Always Strikes First" to the Daemon that has it....and guess what ??? The Keeper of Secrets has Always Strikes First BY DEFAULT !!!

So, though it's not much, it looks like the Daemon player paid for a gift that he couldn't take and was worthless anyways - so just a waste of 25-pts, on his part. Had he taken something like Soul Hunger (re-roll failed Wounds) as his final gift, I wonder if it might have made the battle end differently for him ? *

ferda
22-05-2008, 14:36
One possible mistake on the Daemon Player's part.

It looks like he gave his general, the Keeper of Secrets:

Siren Song, Allure of Slaanesh, Unnatural Swiftness, Torment Blade.

* Here's the thing. The Keeper of Secrets cannot select "Unnatural Swiftness", as it's a gift ONLY for the Daemon Princes. Additionally, why would the Keeper even WANT to pay for that gift ? All it does is grant "Always Strikes First" to the Daemon that has it....and guess what ??? The Keeper of Secrets has Always Strikes First BY DEFAULT !!!

So, though it's not much, it looks like the Daemon player paid for a gift that he couldn't take and was worthless anyways - so just a waste of 25-pts, on his part. Had he taken something like Soul Hunger (re-roll failed Wounds) as his final gift, I wonder if it might have made the battle end differently for him ? *

then it was MY mistake. thx for info, ill edit it. i thought this item gave him the ASF. he had another item then, thx for info

macejase
02-06-2008, 16:32
gauntlet of power? what? thats not in the army book for a highborn to take?

ferda
02-06-2008, 16:50

Its a magical weapon from albion or storm of chaos campaign.
Try to download armybuilder program with right datafiles, youll find there all dark elf items, including 4+ward save talisman and such. Its not prohibitted.

Aurellis
02-06-2008, 16:52

Yes it is, its S8, allows no armour saves and always strikes last. Its from the Storm of Chaos list and is fully usable in a Dark Elf army without opponents permission.

There's also other items there such as the Heartstone of Darkness (4+WS) and the Divine Eye and many others

You can download it in pdf. format from the uk gw website

I hope that answers your query :)

macejase
02-06-2008, 16:53
thankyou, ill try to track those down

Aurellis
02-06-2008, 17:05
This is the link if you need it: http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkelves/cultofslaanesh/1/

The Cult of Slaanesh can be made into a seperate army as well if you're interested

Boss_Salvage
02-06-2008, 19:05
3) Dark Elves

Keeper of Secrets sings the sweet siren song, and the elf lord´s mind is too weak to resist. I got to charge again.
The whole dark elf army decide to charge the plague bearers. But bad things happen. The Knights were unable to ride cold ones properly, so they couldnt charge. Warriors were too scared to charge that terrible looking deamons.
So the dark riders alone, charge rear of Plague Bearers, quite confused why their mates didnt charge either.

I really hate when super awesome multi-charges fall through and one unit runs in by themselves :cries:

Excellent work otherwise, way to stomp on some demons!

- Salvage

ferda
02-06-2008, 20:25
I really hate when super awesome multi-charges fall through and one unit runs in by themselves :cries:

Excellent work otherwise, way to stomp on some demons!

- Salvage

thanks.

i wont go on the local tournament because of family issues, but ill make another report, againts VCs or Daemons. However VCs are way too hard opponent for me.