PDA

View Full Version : Lores of life and heaven

Wodan.BR
21-04-2005, 14:27
For tournaments and things alike, what are the official versions of the lores of heavens and life? The ones in the BRB or the ones that came out in WD?

Thanks!

Major Defense
21-04-2005, 15:52
Well if it was important enough to be considered an official change then GW would/should/could have put that in any of their online errata/FAQ/Q&A. Since they want you to buy an obscure issue of a magazine to follow the new wording, I would say that the BRB is the current "official" rule on it.

I'm sure that someone will disagree but if you and I are playing a game with the BRB and neither of us has that issue then what? I need WD#278 to play blind Eltharion so one can deduce that the issue in question needs to be there for the rule(s) to be used.

Atrahasis
21-04-2005, 16:47
All Official tournaments use the revised lores.

Sylass
21-04-2005, 16:54
Most of the non-official tournaments tend to use them too.

At the end of the day it's pretty much the decision of the tournament organizers to decide if they want to use the revised lores or not...

Major Defense
21-04-2005, 17:05
I understand that GW will sue your grandchildren for quoting their copyrighted rules but can you paraphrase the difference for the rest of us?

taer
21-04-2005, 17:06
Revised Lores (http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/chronicles/magic/assets/revised-lores.pdf)

Here are the Revised lores, that were found on the UK website. The US website sucks. :D

Major Defense
21-04-2005, 21:36
Revised Lores (http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/chronicles/magic/assets/revised-lores.pdf)

Here are the Revised lores, that were found on the UK website. The US website sucks. :D

I wish they would put all of their PDFs in one place instead of burying them on the site as if we're there to buy something or care about how some guy flocks his bases.

I couldn't help but notice that this document says "TRIAL RULES" in gigantic letters on the first page. Did Gav Thorpe later publish another Q&A saying that it was official after all?
{note: semi-rhetorical question, answer at your own smarmy risk!}

WLBjork
21-04-2005, 21:40
No, but when they appeared in the UK 2004 book the "Trial Rules" label was missing. However, AFAIK, the "Trial Rules" label was applied to the original printing in WD and the US 2004 book.

I heard a rumour that the revised Lores are still supposed to be considered "Trial Rules" even in the UK, but I don't think that this has been positively stated by the UK dev. team (although the PDF could be considered to be a strong argument).

anarchistica
21-04-2005, 22:48
The revised Lores are listed as Trial Rules in my (US?) Chronicles 2004, and i'm fairly sure they still officially are Trial Rules.

Atrahasis
22-04-2005, 14:30
The revised Lores are listed as Trial Rules in my (US?) Chronicles 2004, and i'm fairly sure they still officially are Trial Rules.

The Annual 2004 carries no "Trial Rules" caveat, and so they are official in the UK.

Gav has since said that that was not the intent, but until he puts that intent into print, it is not official.

Moi
02-05-2005, 07:01
As I recall reading it in the Hall of Heroes canadian tournament rules, revised lores are the ones used officially. In my playing group, everyone agree that they're more balanced than the old ones (dump spells may actually see some use and overpowered ones gets good downgrade or drawbacks).