PDA

View Full Version : Simple moving and charging question

solkan
18-05-2008, 17:42
My friend and I tried playing our first game of WFB last night, and now we're trying to figure out one of the rules.

Are you allowed to move across your own units if you don't stop there?

Example:

XXXXXBB
XXXXXBB
AAAAABB
A BB

YYYYYY
YYYYYY

In turn 4, A and B killed X, so A's facing up and B's facing left. Assuming B can see Y, can B move through A to charge Y if it has enough movement?

Atrahasis
18-05-2008, 17:44
No. Other models are impassable. You won't find a rule to that effect, because the Design Team consider writing "obvious" things into the rules beneath them.

solkan
18-05-2008, 20:55
No. Other models are impassable. You won't find a rule to that effect, because the Design Team consider writing "obvious" things into the rules beneath them.

That's really annoying but not entirely unexpected. Was that atleast spelled out explicitly in one of the previous editions?

Malagant
18-05-2008, 21:25
At least the Design Team restrained from wanton sarcasm and thinly veiled insults in the rules, showing far more professionalism and respect than some members of the Direwolf team! :rolleyes:

Atrahasis
19-05-2008, 00:08
There's no sarcasm. The Design Team (I can't remember which particular member) have flat out stated that this particular rule has never been included because it's so "obvious" and a waste of their time.

That, and the Design Team have a history of being condescending and sarcastic in FAQ answers, even when contradicting previous answers and/or the rules in doing so, so you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.