PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Khorne/Nurlge army

Firebreather
18-05-2008, 21:51
Sorry to make two separate threads for my armies, but as the two lists are different(for the most part...), I thought it was called for. If it isn't, however, I have no problem closing one or the other, and combining the two.

That said, here is my current take on a Khorne/Nurgle combo army at 1500 points. Please let me know what you think. Thanks again.

Herald of Nurgle-
Level 1
Palanquin
Noxious Vapours
Slime Trail

Herald of Nurgle-
Level 1
Staff of Nurgle

Herald of Khorne-
Juggernaut
Firestorm Blade
Armour of Khorne

20 Plaguebearers-
Musician
Plagueridden
Standard Bearer
Standard of Seeping Decay

15 Bloodletters-
Musician
Bloodreaper
Standard Bearer
Icon of Endless War

5 Flesh Hounds

2 Bloodcrushers

TOTAL-1500pts.

Nightsword
18-05-2008, 21:58
Hey, nice list but I have one main issue with it. You have two Nurgle Heralds, but only one unit to put them. I think the points spent of the second herald could be more valuable elsewhere i.e. another unit.

Firebreather
18-05-2008, 22:11
Hmm, that's a really good point, Nightsword, and I was/am a little concerned as to where said Herald is actually going to go. On the one hand I see him as necessary for added spell power, both offensively and defensively, but on the other I see him as a little lonely on the tabletop. I suppose I could chuck him in the same Plaguebearer unit as my Palanquin mounted one....

I would like to add some more troops though, but removing the second Nurgle Herald with the Staff of Nurgle leaves me a little light on magic and all the other strengths a nasty character like that adds. Hmmm, I guess it's something I'll have to think about.

If I DID remove him, any suggestions as to what I could replace him with?

Firebreather
19-05-2008, 19:23
No other thoughts at this point? Fair enough, as I'm sure by this point most folks are burnt out on looking at the endless amount of Daemon lists coming out.

I do wish I could at least squeeze a couple of bases of Nurglings in this list...it would just make it seem more right to me. Oh well, perhaps it's back to the drawing board time? I must say I do like the possibilities this list presents, and it could be a good staging point for me.

StefDa
19-05-2008, 21:17
Sorry to make two separate threads for my armies, but as the two lists are different(for the most part...), I thought it was called for. If it isn't, however, I have no problem closing one or the other, and combining the two.

That said, here is my current take on a Khorne/Nurgle combo army at 1500 points. Please let me know what you think. Thanks again.

Herald of Nurgle-
Level 1
Palanquin
Noxious Vapours
Slime Trail

Good choice!

Herald of Nurgle-
Level 1
Staff of Nurgle

He'd probably be the Herald to drop, like you suggested.

Herald of Khorne-
Juggernaut
Firestorm Blade
Armour of Khorne

I would say go for Obsidian Armour only - the other things are unnecessary if you ask me :-) Besides, the Bloodletters benefit really well from the Hatred from Locus of Khorne.

20 Plaguebearers-
Musician
Plagueridden
Standard Bearer
Standard of Seeping Decay

I would suggest the other banner, as you add a Herald (with three attacks) on a palanquin (six attacks), so there should be a slight chance.

15 Bloodletters-
Musician
Bloodreaper
Standard Bearer
Icon of Endless War

I think you should drop the banner, as I think the two banners available to the 'Letters are a points sink...

5 Flesh Hounds

Nice. Too BAD they aren't fast cavalry anymore!!!!! Grrr..... :mad::mad::mad:

2 Bloodcrushers

I'm not hooked on these guys - haven't done well for me. I would only keep them if you keep your Herald on a Juggernaut!

TOTAL-1500pts.

At least 10 characters...

Firebreather
19-05-2008, 21:50
Excellent, thanks for the well thought-out and invaluable advice, StefDa. I'll take your comments into consideration and see what I can come up with.

One point, however, is the matter of dropping my second Nurgle Herald. I feel that it leaves me rather...vulnerable and weak in terms of magic, so I'm not sure what to do with that.

However, the thought occurs to me that maybe I could remove the Bloodcrushers and a few other things, and replace them with something a little cheaper. Then, I could possibly have two slightly smaller units of Plaguebearers, and manage to keep both Heralds...hmmm...I'll work on this one.