PDA

View Full Version : Bloodcrusher Wounds

Pavic
18-05-2008, 22:15
I am pretty sure on this, as it was mentioned in an aside in one of the threads I found while searching, but I want to make sure. The correct number of wounds on a bloodcrusher is 2 not 3, right? I guess I am just finding the profile lines a little confusing.

Spirit
19-05-2008, 00:59
As far as i know they have W2.

Horus38
19-05-2008, 01:04
Just checked the book, 2 wounds apiece.

Also note the juggernaut is a calvary mount, cannot be wounded separately and is removed when the bloodletter is killed.

theunwantedbeing
19-05-2008, 01:07
They get gunned down alarmingly easily.

Pavic
19-05-2008, 02:08
Well, at least I was right. I really can't believe that a model that looks like that is only given 2 wounds, when fiends have 3. Very strange.

Thanks all.

Zoolander
19-05-2008, 04:29
They get gunned down alarmingly easily.

Since when do TO4, WO2, 4+ AS, 5+ WS troops go down easy? They're pretty tough to normal missle fire. Their resilience drops quickly to war machines, but what doesn't?

stampy
19-05-2008, 04:40
Zoolanderm, i think he's more referring to the fact that they are extremely weak for models that are 70pts a piece. T4 with 2 wounds is nothing, 4+ armour save is poor as well. Only thing they have over normal cavalry is a 5+ ward save which enables them to survive every 1 in 3 cannonballs/bolts

Better off with having an equivalent 2 flesh hounds. Same toughness, no armour save (however the 4+ bloodcrusher one will often be modified), still got a 5+ ward save and have double the number of wounds. And they move faster. Only thing positive about the bloodcrushers is that they have really nice models. Otherwise juggernauts are for Khorne Heralds/Skulltaker only

Zoolander
19-05-2008, 04:50
Zoolanderm, i think he's more referring to the fact that they are extremely weak for models that are 70pts a piece. T4 with 2 wounds is nothing, 4+ armour save is poor as well. Only thing they have over normal cavalry is a 5+ ward save which enables them to survive every 1 in 3 cannonballs/bolts

Better off with having an equivalent 2 flesh hounds. Same toughness, no armour save (however the 4+ bloodcrusher one will often be modified), still got a 5+ ward save and have double the number of wounds. And they move faster. Only thing positive about the bloodcrushers is that they have really nice models. Otherwise juggernauts are for Khorne Heralds/Skulltaker only

Perhaps, but they have 4 attacks with killing blow, 2 at ST6 and 2 at 5. The 2 dogs have 4 at 5, no KB and no armor. Not saying you're wrong, but it's not really a fair comparison. Against normal missile fire, the dogs will go down in droves. The crushers stand a much better chance.

But I agree they are very expensive, and if that's what he was referring to, then that's another story! The points could be spent elsewhere for better effect. I would rather have dragon ogres for a similar cost! /Sigh

Nurgling Chieftain
19-05-2008, 04:57
Otherwise juggernauts are for...40K! Those guys are nasty in their other incarnation...