PDA

View Full Version : Genestealer box and 'nid codex pictures

Barbarossa
21-04-2005, 15:25
Well, here they are. Straight from the new german WD.

Mods: If these pictures are already known, then please delete this thread.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/StBarbarossa/stealers.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/StBarbarossa/codex.jpg

boogle
21-04-2005, 15:38
they have been seen before, but not with that clarity, thanks

Wraith
21-04-2005, 15:47
So it is a Carnifex on the front of the Nid codex afterall -- I'd argued it looked like a Hive Tyrant before the pictures of the new Carnifex were released. The spore cysts on the creature's carapace on the codex cover give it away as a 'Fex.

Dreachon
21-04-2005, 16:02
It's also tearing a rhino to pieces on it.

Scythe
21-04-2005, 17:05
Nice. I like the cover more now you can see a little more detail. That fex is quite nicely done. Still, the colour scheme on the nids just doesn't work.

Black Ambience
21-04-2005, 17:57
Oh I don't know - it's growing on me the more I see it. It's so unnatural...

Coppertop
21-04-2005, 20:14
I still think the codex cover looks kinda goofy and really unprofessional. Why do the nids get shafted with poor drawings when all the other new codexes look really cool? The new marine codex, for example, is so nice!

But I think you're right - it's probably the awful colour pallette

invivos
21-04-2005, 21:46
I donīt like the codex cover at all. The old one was much more sinister. Besides the perspective on the fex lower scythe arm is just absurdly wrong. If it is supposed to be hold sideways the upper/forward arm part needs too be much longer.The head position seems odd too. Not very professional. Next plz

Boduddley
21-04-2005, 21:55
I still think the codex cover looks kinda goofy and really unprofessional. Why do the nids get shafted with poor drawings when all the other new codexes look really cool? The new marine codex, for example, is so nice!

But I think you're right - it's probably the awful colour pallette

I agree that the new cover is Goofy looking.
:D
The Tyranids should evoke fear, not laughter!
:(
I think that I will glue the old cover to the front of the new Codex.
:cool:

hood_oz
21-04-2005, 23:00
I agree that the new cover is Goofy looking.

The Tyranids should evoke fear, not laughter!

My two cents: The cover itself is actually fairly accurate to what an arachnid styled creature could do if crossed with a crab. Remember, those bigger creatures will have mostly an exo-skeleton, much like crabs and lobsters. So twisting the limbs around is fairly reasonable.

And it does give you some idea of the huge monster style alien menace coming to eat you. I like the rhino getting destroyed. Might have to make a mini diorama for the next Golden Demon...

The colour scheme, well, I am well quoted as saying to me it looks like @ss. But, it IS a development of the last codex army colour scheme.

As for the genestealer box cover. At least there was no shooting photoshopped in. This box cover is for me, the best one in the new range. But I think it makes it look like stealers charging out of the smoke of battle, and that gives them the evil menace feel they have been trying to capture for the tyranids. Although Genoraptor is a much sexier name, and I will be calling my genestealers genoraptors from now on. ;)

THanks for the big quality images, I had only seen small thumbnails of the codex up to now. And not the box art.

Scythe
22-04-2005, 12:33
Hmm, I don't really like the genestealer box. I'd have prefered artwork, like all basic fantasy boxes receive. You already see the models on the back of the box, and photoshopping doesn't make them really look better...