PDA

View Full Version : New VC and HE

the johnanator
20-05-2008, 01:04
Hey guys hows it going?

I was at my local club the other day and was watching 2 battles.
The first was O&G vs VC. It was my first time watching the new VC and i was excited to see how well the army was as all i have been hearing is how overpowered they are. The battle lasted 3 turns with the O&G having a huge win. Now the guy playing VC is a mate of mine and by know means is a bad general, infact quite the opposite. Having had a quick read over the VC book i soon realised that the VC player hadnt done anything wrong tacticly, he was just beaten by a balanced O&G force, both armies were not selected to play the opposite and were balanced. This in way shows IMHO that VC are not broken and jsut require a different stragtey to face.

The 2nd battle was HoC vs HE. A complete massacre by the HE, the poor chaos never stood a chance, although the chaos player did fluff a few dice rolls, the highlight of this game was when his chosen khonre knights charged a unit of 6 (or 8 i cant remember.) sword masters and were killed before even striking a blow, although the saving throws were terrible. After this battle the HE took on skaven and were totally destroyed by the ratmen. I wont go into the details of the battle as i cant remember most of them but this proves to me to things.

1) HE AND VC ARE NOT BROKEN!!! THEY JUST REQUIRE NEW STRAGTIES!!!

2) O&G are probley the most balanced army out there IMHO.

Just my thoughts please share yours...

Helbracht
20-05-2008, 01:13
chosen khonre knights charged a unit of 6 (or 8 i cant remember.) sword masters and were killed before even striking a blow

Yeah I probably would have just called it a game right then, lol.

Hrogoff the Destructor
20-05-2008, 01:27
Chosen Khorne Knights all died before striking a single blow? Ow. That takes some seriously bad armor save rolls.

The crappy thing for HoC is that High Elves can outdo them in every phase of the game. The Chosen Knights (and warriors) are the only things High Elves should have to worry about. A couple lore of metal spells will quickly rid them of those threats.

Skaven can excel at killing low model elite armies (ala High Elves).

And don't let certain people hear you say O&G are balanced...