PDA

View Full Version : A question on mice and Brettonians

mooby
20-10-2005, 09:26
Whats better Errant or Realm?

nurgle_boy
20-10-2005, 10:04
at doing what exactly?

give us some details before posting for fuggs sake!

Kahadras
20-10-2005, 13:36
I would assume he wants to know which unit is better. Point for point it is probably the Errants but I prefer to use Knights of the Realm (to many people play the Erantry list IMO). While the Errant has a lower WS it does not really matter and the Impetuous rule is not really a problem as you are going to probably want to charge if your opponant is within charge range. If you are plying against a fear causing army they are even better as the don't suffer from psychology on the turn that they charge either.
Basicaly they have all the benefits of a KotR with added bonuses that outweight the down sides. Plus of course they are also 4 points cheaper.

Kahadras

MisterHeavy
20-10-2005, 16:01
IMO, Errants are superior against average opponents, and those not prepared for an all-cavalry enemy. If you're playing against someone who knows how to counter heavy cavalry, understands how to take advantage of the impetuous rule, and brings an army with the units required to do so, you'll get a run for your money if you're playing the errantry list.

However, such opponents are rare. Most people do not build their lists to properly counter all-cavalry forces. Most people do not fully understand how to appropriately bait and switch forced-to-charge armies. Such opponents will be relatively easy fodder for 8 str6 and 7 str4 attacks on the charge (more if you have a pally in the unit).

I've been playing an errantry list for the last year or so, and my main complaint is that I'm getting a bit bored of it. Frankly, I don't have any trouble beating mediocre generals, or people who just don't prepare for an all-cavalry force. KOTRs can be use more selectively, and are, in the long run, a bit more sporting as well.