PDA

View Full Version : Demon codex and rending

Arkhar
20-05-2008, 18:51
I've been reading the new demon codex and just found something stange.

According to the leaked pdf of the upcoming 5th edition and rumors, rending will be nerfed. IIRC, it would be that if you roll a 6 to wound/penetrate armor, you don't allow armor saves/gives +1d3 to armor penetration.

So, basically it will be meaningless to give rending to one of the bloodletters because it already has a power weapon. Just to get that +1d3 to penetrate vehicles? I'm sure GW made this codex with 5th in mind (no need to argue about that), so, could it be that rending isn't going to be as we expect?

Freakiq
20-05-2008, 18:58
I'm worried that my Daemonettes will be totally nerfed.
I haven't tried the army yet so I don't know how it'll perform.

I just hope they where balanced with 5th in mind.

Emeraldw
20-05-2008, 19:19
I'm worried that my Daemonettes will be totally nerfed.
I haven't tried the army yet so I don't know how it'll perform.

I just hope they where balanced with 5th in mind.

How can daemonettes not be nerfed when they are really crazy right now? They are basically cheaper Harliequins.

I'm not sure about the rending change other than I am glad it is on the to wound roll. It makes it much more balanced.

RCgothic
20-05-2008, 19:22
Yes, it would seem silly to give rending to someone with a power weapon.

The Song of Spears
20-05-2008, 19:25
Um...on the charge BL = str 5 + 6(if rend) + 1d3 = able to glance up to AV14...and pen up to AV13...

If you are playing a pure khorne list, this is not such a bad anti-tank idea...

Arkhar
20-05-2008, 19:41
Ok, but there are also Demon Princes, soulgrinders and greater deamons which perform far better in penetrating armor. Perhaps I'm thinking too much about it, I'm not going to make demons anyway :P