PDA

View Full Version : second wave of VC??

spammy86
20-05-2008, 19:25
Does anyone know if there will be further VC releases in the coming year?

I want to see new black knights and black coach!! :(

Xaskus
20-05-2008, 19:41
I don't see it happening, only new release for VC is the Sartosan vampire.

Chielz0r
22-05-2008, 21:24
I'd love to see new zombies... the current ones suck,
oh yea and new black knights.

Pavic
22-05-2008, 21:58
Well, at least you have models. The poor Daemon players have to convert any Heralds (except for the direct only bloodletter) which is there only character choice other than named characters. Not to mention that seekers are no longer available.

Zoolander
22-05-2008, 22:34
The Black Coach and Zombies are fine. There is nothing wrong with them at all. The Black Knights seemed a little frail so I converted empire knights myself. but don't expect many more releases. I'd like to have seen many more character models released. as it stands now, every VC player is going to be using the same models for their characters.

Pavic - any of the old Chaos heroes may work just fine as Heralds for most units.

Spirit
22-05-2008, 22:44
For black knights chop the wight in half and use an empire knights bottom, leg swaps and dire wolf horse heads. Works a treat! Mix with brettonian hoses for the more "unbarded" feel.

Jagosaja
22-05-2008, 22:46
Well, at least I'd like to see the Hellsteed model, even just for clarification on the base size. It is a shame that GW does the stats for something they don't intend to do the model for.

TheDarkDuke
23-05-2008, 04:13
I don't understand people thinking GW does 2nd wave releases... unless direct only is what we consider 2nd wave... here are examples.

Ogres: none
Wood Elf: Direct Only Stuff
Dwarf: Miners, Direct Only Stuff
Orc/Goblin: Direct Only, delayed model (special character) due to casting issues.
Empire: Flag.
High Elf: none
VC: 1 pirate vamp which appears will be Direct Only.
Daemon: none on the radar.

I mean the only time armies get anything new 99% of the time other then their army book release is for a campaign or a Direct Only model... the very very odd time a delayed model not intended to be a later release. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think I have lost my mind completely... yet.

Griefbringer
23-05-2008, 06:48
Empire got more than flagellants: there were also the plastic wizards and the rocket battery.

Leogun_91
23-05-2008, 07:01
Empire got more than flagellants: there were also the plastic wizards and the rocket battery.

and the griffon standard bearer.

O&G got blackorcs and generic trolls (all that was before were either river, stone or skullpass).

shabbadoo
23-05-2008, 10:30
The current zombies look like ****. Compare them to the very cool zombies that are dragging along the Corpse Cart. Those have a lot of character, though the metal nails sticking out of them are flimsy as heck and break off easily. I could do without some of those nails, but the rest of the zombie bits for the Corpse Cart look amazing.

Eternus
23-05-2008, 10:47
I like the existing Black Coach, although the Mordheim Coach could make a suitable alternative, and there's nothing wrong with the Zombies, though it does make for a bit more variety to mix in parts from other kits - I've used Zombie, Skeleton, Empire, Marauder and Chaos Warrior parts in mine.

Though the head that looks like someone's granny with a head scarf is rather freaky.....

Whitehorn
23-05-2008, 11:12
Yes, it's called Mordor ^^

Over half my army will be converted LOTR stuff - some lovely models :)

EvC
23-05-2008, 11:20
Empire, Orcs and Dwarfs got second wave releases, though they were mostly tied into the Nemesis Crown campaign. The concept of "second wave" is dead- the best we can hope for are collectors' edition models, like the High Elf Noble and Sartosan Vamps.

Anton
23-05-2008, 11:59
So, how long does an army generally need to wait for new models which weren't updaten when the new army book was released? Until the next army book?

Avian
23-05-2008, 12:10
Well, greenskins, empire and dwarfs waited less than a year for more stuff.

Feuermann
24-05-2008, 09:37
HE need new models(specially silverhelms, swordmasters, archers & spearmen) and daemons are waiting the horrors and plaguebearer's plastic models

Griefbringer
24-05-2008, 10:31
Regarding plastic models that are included in recently released battalion boxes, I would not expect these to get revisited in any sort of second wave release.

This would be zombies for VC, and silver helms, spearmen and archers for HE.

Grapeshot
28-05-2008, 16:19
I would definitely like to see a new Zombie Dragon. Always fancy one in my army, but the minis deter me from getting one. The Zombie Dragon illustration by John in the VC army book looks cool enough. Hope to see more bones than rotting flesh in the new minis though.

New minis for Hellstead and Abyssal Terror are good too.

Disciple of Nagash
28-05-2008, 20:52
I think Black Knights are the main ones as well as the godawful spirits hosts. I don't know one person who has bought those models but instead converted their own. As mentioned I would like new zombies to match the Corpse Cart and so they don't have hands bigger than their heads.
And even though I know i won't get it I wish they had done different vampires than these new ones that look like bald klingons.

Heimlich
28-05-2008, 22:46
Zombies are far too terrible to receive new sculpts.

Dexter099
29-05-2008, 03:01
Well, if there is a new release, it'll be in at least a year or so. That's generally how it works with GW.

decker_cky
29-05-2008, 06:45
The models daemons need the most are actually the seekers, which have older models that GW won't acknowledge. :P

shady
01-06-2008, 11:45
Dwarfs, Orcs and Empire all got new plastic releases which allowed the release of all-plastic 100 army packs. I think some 40k releases were similar but would have to check. If the 100 army pack line is still policy then over time there should be second waves for the others; if not - and notably High elves got such an army pack on day 1 which is no longer available - then not. That may also be related to how they do "bulk packages" - Apocalypse showed you didn't need so much variety in the big packages, and could just run bargain packs with lots of the same thing. The WH 25th anniversary packages however looked like big end of line packaging exercises.

I'd set aside the direct only models as they're part of a different program (and the empire griffon standard model is part of that now), but (and this is from memory, hope it's right):

Empire actually got flagellants, the wizard pack and the rocket battery, in terms of plastics, as well as I think the new priests in metal. I also think some of the new special characters weren't in the first wave either.

Orcs got black orcs, special characters and the shaman pack. And I think a bunch of blisters also. Boar boyz are as stupidly expensive per model as black knights, though at least you can buy them in a box of 5.

Dwarfs got miners, some new dwarf lord metals and the dwarf lord pack.

Wood elves - definitely the stag rider, possibly new eagles? Not sure the new Orion was in first wave either.

Archaon
01-06-2008, 14:18
I really can't understand that they didn't redo the Black Knights and above all Zombies.

Both units are used in almost every Vampire army and especially the Zombies are sometimes used by the dozens.

Financially it makes sense because they don't have to invest in new models and both units have long been paid off so they don't have to factor in development costs but please.. the new Grave Guard and Skeletons are so good i think new Zombies would be a hit.

This way i'm scouring the net for decent and not too expensive Zombies and witing for Gamezone to do some decent Black Knights *fingers crossed*

Mattcrowther00
01-06-2008, 14:25
Im sure I read somewhere on here that plastic Zombies where designed for the new book, but ended up not making it to the final cut due to casting issues or something?

So I dont believe its beyond reason to think that GW may have a mk2 zombie sprue sitting around somewhere in case of a future release...

EvC
02-06-2008, 12:12
I think the truth with the Zombies is that they saw the constructed Zombies made for the Corpse Cart but didn't feel they'd work as entire unit like that, so they stuck with the current Zombies. Maybe they'll remake them in the same style, but not for a long while... the "second wave" of VC releases is basically the Sartosan pirate vamps, and that's it.

Jedi152
02-06-2008, 12:19
Yes we had news of new zombies - you can see the concept art in Liber Necris and the VC book, but they were dropped, supposedly because they look too 'constructed'.

I'd be willing to bet that EvC is right, and the 4 pulling the corpse cart are the only remnants of them. I think a unit of them would have looked quite good myself.

EvC
02-06-2008, 13:22
Also part of me also thinks that the rule forbidding characters from joining Zombie units is because Corpse Cart Zombies next to old Zombies would look bad...