PDA

View Full Version : If People ONLY Knew...

Sloppyjayman
20-05-2008, 20:14
This is the start of a thread for people to list those units or characters that everyone sighs at when you place him/it on the table top. Every army has that one or two units/characters that everyone hates playing against and thinks is really cheesy...

Lets get started....

I love to use my:

Mannfred the Acolyte riding an Abyssal Terror...

If people only knew that Mannfred the Acolyte only has 2 wounds and no armour or ward save. LOL

People always sigh when i place him on the table and avoid him fighting their general.

If people only knew I DONT WANT HIM TO FIGHT YOUR GENERAL!!!! LOL

Next....

Fideru
20-05-2008, 20:17
If the people I face only knew I usually only equip my thane with a GW, and nothing else.

heh, a nice quote, "Joe, I'd recommend to avoid the Thane at all costs."

Malorian
20-05-2008, 20:31
If people only knew that my unarmored vampires are just as easy to kill as the ghouls around them...

KharnTheBetrayer01
20-05-2008, 21:25
If people only knew that my Slanneshi Shaggoth with light armour and a great weapon has little to no defense against concentrated fire and no magical defense to speak of.

Gralph!?!
20-05-2008, 21:48
if people only knew that my night goblins have no fanatics as thy get in MY way not yours alot more.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
20-05-2008, 21:49
But Gralph...it's always a 50/50 chance against you. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. And even then your incapable of keeping the number of them constant.

How am I meant to Metamathammer my way to awsum pwnage if you don't play fair?

snyggejygge
20-05-2008, 21:52
If people only knew that my Exalted Champion w. Helm of Many Eyes only has a measly 4+ save whenever I do miss out on the attacks, yet they concentrate killing my marauders w. the same save.

If people only knew that my Vampire Lord only has a 2+ armoursave & biting blade they wouldnīt be so darn afraid of facing him in combat.

Gralph!?!
20-05-2008, 21:58
But Gralph...it's always a 50/50 chance against you. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. And even then your incapable of keeping the number of them constant.

How am I meant to Metamathammer my way to awsum pwnage if you don't play fair?

accept i hate using the drugged up little crap bags known as fanatics. very expensive and don't work very well. (for me)

Commodus Leitdorf
21-05-2008, 02:32
If people only knew I really want you to shoot my Detachments instead of my parent unit...I hardly ever get to counter charge anyway. They are only there to sacrifice themselves to protect my 30 man unit of spearmen anyway ;)

Ipeninrod
21-05-2008, 03:06
If people only knew that my squig herd was geared around exploding right in the middle of their battle line. No wait they do now.

Farseer Lektalis
21-05-2008, 05:02
If only people knew that my Scar Vet has something other than the JSOD build. Still funny to watch my opponents stay over 20" away from a 100 point hero with no magic gear.

If only people knew that my salamander has never gotten more than 2 hits with its breath weapon. But man, don't you dare charge that salamander or your units dead no matter what. Once one salamander held off a unit of 10 charging chosen knights.

Unwise
21-05-2008, 05:23
If people only knew how killy Plaguecenser Bearers are, I would never hear them whine about Clan Skyre again. People actually think I am doing them a favour by playing a Pestilens themed army. Same goes, to a lesser extent, with Plaguemonks.

It is very rare that I give my combat characters any magic weapons and they never have any magic armor or wards. This goes for both my HE and Skaven.

scarletsquig
21-05-2008, 06:31
...the steam tank is effectively useless after it's lost 3 wounds.

Bumble the Great
21-05-2008, 07:04
If people only knew that the only reason my treeman is waving its arms in the air like a loon in front of your knights with a sign on its chest saying charge me please god charge me is because that unit of wardancers is about to pop out of those trees and scrag your general

snurl
21-05-2008, 07:15
My Dwarf general hardly ever has any rune items.

NecroNurgle
21-05-2008, 08:37
If people only knew that Count Manfred has next to no protection....
They'd still have to do 5 wounds at T5 that can be healed in the next magic phase. And any wounds I do give me power dice. And he's got a skull staff. And he can cast steal soul...
He's kinda not fair. Tee Hee.

No, but seriously, if people only knew that the mounted big guy in my unit of chosen knights was an exalted sorc, usually with drain life and a power stone.

brambleten
21-05-2008, 09:31
if only people knew that teclis has no armour and no ward. they may be less scared him

Aurellis
21-05-2008, 09:38
If only people realised Black Guard are the anti-cheese. With a 5+ save and costing 350pts for a decent sized unit its insane.

Red_Duke
21-05-2008, 09:38
... That my Tomb King has no armour, but the Chariot everyone always seems to go for has a 5+ ward save...

Grey Seer Skretch
21-05-2008, 09:46
If people only knew that those nice, single rank, 10 man units of wood elf archers that anchor the centre of my line are THERE FOR YOU TO CHARGE and are utterly expendable! They're worth poop all points and I just dont care about them at all! :D

Aurellis
21-05-2008, 09:47
If people only knew that the acronym īLOLī is not a way to end a sentence.

Quoted for truth, that has got to be one of my pet hates... lol

;)

Shamfrit
21-05-2008, 09:48
If people only knew that the acronym īLOLī is not a way to end a sentence.

You dirty dirty skeleton, lol.

(Sorry.)

If people only knew that my Stormvermin are there precisely to distract fire from the Scream Bell unit sweeping around to charge your flanks and that the Umbranner makes them night unstoppable :D

Alathir
21-05-2008, 09:51
That my High Elf battle standard usually only has a 5+ armour save...

Lorcryst
21-05-2008, 10:16
... that WFB is a game, meant to be fun, and not an test to see who can make the most cheesiest list of all times ...

Sorry, had a couple of frustrating games lately.

Chiron
21-05-2008, 10:43
I want you to be distracted by my Scorpions and Light Cavalry, there the cheapest things in my army

EvC
21-05-2008, 11:45
Haha, fun thread. Chalk me up as another VC player with his opponents acting in a similar way. Most memorably, Black knights and a Hellsteed Vamp combo-charging Treekin. My Vamp had Balefire Spike and Infinite Hatred, so that's 3 attacks 3+ to hit, with re-rolls, then 2+, no saves, wounds doubled. I managed to do no wounds. My Black Knights didn't do so badly, but when it came to his attacks back, they all went on the Knights, with their 2+ save, rather than the Hellsteed Vamp with her 6+ save and nothing else. I almost felt like telling my opponent he should attack her, but the model is clearly unarmoured so he had no excuse...

Similarly with Konrad von Carstein, only a 5+ armour save. He may be a scary special character, but in one game he was almost taken down by a mere Swordsman of the Empire (until we remembered that they'd failed their fear test and so he'd missed).

nurgle_boy
21-05-2008, 12:41
If only people knew to remind me my general is immune to killing blow...
Thats why he needs to leave the crown of stupidity at home, forgetting to be not dead and all that...

If only people saved enough dispel dice to drop his bears anger as well... its messy when he can cut through a regiment on his own combat res alone... average generating 6 points, with a high of 8...

If only people knew that the zombies were actually not a threat at all, and that turning to face them is just a plain silly idea...

if only people knew the cake is a lie...

Feefait
21-05-2008, 12:57
That my battle plans work out of luck and not design or skill. Boy they'd be even more pissed off then, wouldn't they?

Gaius Marius
21-05-2008, 13:38
If only people knew that every part of my Orc & Goblin army is expendable, and I will expend it to improve my position...

If only people knew that my mounted Warrior Priests have way worse armour saves than the Knights they lead...

MarcoPollo
21-05-2008, 15:16
If only people knew that chaos warhounds are quite poor in combat, and the chances are poor that they can't even mage hunt properly. They are there to distract your movement more than anything else. If you let them be, they will distract my movement more. And since you probably have better shooting than me, you can make my plans backfire by not falling into flank traps.

If people only knew that a level 2 shaman has a hard time casting the staff of darkoth.

Shamfrit
21-05-2008, 20:33
that I am four times the better general when using Greenskins, and to not bring magic defence against me, and to not leave vampires in ranked units where my Strength 6 Battle Standard can maul them thanks to attack allocation :D

TheDarkDuke
21-05-2008, 23:54
If people only knew not too laugh and dismiss seeing a Hunter with sabretusks, Gnoblar, Trappers, Yheete and Gorgers.... they might actually have had a fighting chance against my Ogres.... or the ability to win using their Ogres.

kylek2235
22-05-2008, 00:03
If only people knew that one unit of my gnoblars has a Groinbiter and this his name is Dick Knibbler. They'd thing twice about charging them.

Lord Raneus
22-05-2008, 00:18
If only people knew Malekith only has a 5+ (armor!!) save against magic missiles.

Draconian77
22-05-2008, 00:23
If people only knew where Shadowblade was hiding.
But they don't!

Muhahahaha!
Die! "Stab Stab Stab"

vinny t
22-05-2008, 16:36
If people only knew (remembered) that my tomb guard have killing blow, so you shouldn't run your uber-lord with no ward save into it. But luckily, people forget, so they continue to give me free VPs:).

King Thurgun
22-05-2008, 18:50
If people only knew that to challenge my Bretonnian lord is to die.

Virtue of Confidence, Birthsword of Carcassone and the Gromril Great Helm will rock your face off every time, be you Chaos Lord or Vampire Count.

If people only knew that the peasants are going in first because I know you have Goblin fanatics...

If people only knew that Grail Knights can charge a unit of 40 zombies and roll through them in a single turn, despite their "tar pit" moniker...

If people only knew how to resist charging Ironbreakers guarding an oath stone... It's not like they can come get you. I guess they all just want a piece of Dwarfy justice!

The_Dragon_Rising
22-05-2008, 20:50
Kroak- I have used him in four games yet and my list is undefeated with him taking a total of 4 wounds across 4 games.

Leogun_91
23-05-2008, 06:52
If only peaople knew how which of my warmachines that may explode at will.

That I always take MR of balance (or staff of sneaky stealin with the same effect for my greenskins)

That a dwarf NEVER has a ld of less than 9 (it just annoys me when the enemy thiks my warriors need under eight not to panic) unless the doom and darkness spell has been cast.

Ward.
23-05-2008, 09:07
I'm not wearing any underwear...

Judging by the common attire seen on wargammers in stores, I'm pretty sure they do :D

Ohh I got one, If people only knew that my rattling gun hasn't been useful since 6th edition and that when I spend the points on an extra unit to bump my model count up to a *********, they should be worried.

Armilthuan
23-05-2008, 09:28
...that to charge a block of Tomb Gaurd containing a Tomb King with Flail of Skulls is a sure way to get rid of your dragon and/or character.

...that ASF does'nt matter that much when you have a flank charge.

death__lord
23-05-2008, 10:08
If only peaople knew how which of my warmachines that may explode at will.

That I always take MR of balance (or staff of sneaky stealin with the same effect for my greenskins)

That a dwarf NEVER has a ld of less than 9 (it just annoys me when the enemy thiks my warriors need under eight not to panic) unless the doom and darkness spell has been cast.

2/3 pretty good if you ask me.

If only people knew that my lvl 2 vampires mostly gets useless spells when randomising.

If only people knew how evil skeletons with spears are when having "Miasma of Deathly Vigour" on them.:evilgrin:

Count Demandred
23-05-2008, 10:24
If only people knew that one unit of my gnoblars has a Groinbiter and this his name is Dick Knibbler. They'd thing twice about charging them.

Bahahaha.

I'd be scared to charge 'em with my, er, lance.

explorator
23-05-2008, 15:18
My Dwarf Lord on shieldbearers is near unkillable unless you negate his armor save. Shieldbearers make him immune to KB, all HtH attacks are max str 5, and he has a 1+ re-rollable armor save. He has killed many enemy characters with his great weapon.

Soul of Iron
23-05-2008, 15:35
If people only knew that unit of 15 Pick Horrors CAN blow your Black Coach up...

Scarabmaster
24-05-2008, 03:04
If only people knew that my 3 Mounted bosses ARE NOT my general

( I love it when people hunt down my mounted bosses when my little Warboss on foot with an axe is my general)

Iron Father
24-05-2008, 03:13
if only people knew the cake is a lie...

portal? :confused:

Scarabmaster
24-05-2008, 03:28
portal? :confused:

That is the best puzzle game ever

Tuch
24-05-2008, 03:29
That even though my Chosen Knights of Khorne have some 18 attacks that they will still loose the fight to a unit of night goblins because I will roll that many 1s and 2s.

snyggejygge
24-05-2008, 04:29
If only people knew that my 3 Mounted bosses ARE NOT my general

( I love it when people hunt down my mounted bosses when my little Warboss on foot with an axe is my general)

Ehm they should know that, you have to tell the opponent which model is your general at the start of the battle.

lokigod
24-05-2008, 05:04
If people only knew that those 2 units of 5 furies flying on the flanks cant do crap in combat and cost me only 120 points total..... they wouldn't spend 400 points of shooting on them the first round, and let my beast of nurgle and blood crushers go unmolested!