PDA

View Full Version : Huge 5500pt Hordes of Chaos for final battle

the_night_reaper
21-05-2008, 22:35
My buddies and I are pooling together our chaos forces to play a couple of guys who are pooling their empire together for a giant battle next weekend at our local gw. Itís like weíre having a goodbye ceremony for the hordes of chaos rules. I was elected the general and Iím definitely going to need some help since Iíve never fought a battle this big. Pointers about strategy and my composition are really appreciated.

Characters: 2287pts
Chaos Lord: MoCU, Black Maul, Gaze of The Gods, Shield-303pts (General)
Chaos Lord: MoS, Steed of Slaanesh, Blade of Blood, Armour of damnation, Pendant of Slaanesh, Shield- 363pts
Beast Lord: MoT (lvl 4), Berzerker Sword, Enchanted Shield, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Mirror of Knowledge- 335pts
Daemon Prince: MoS, lvl 4, Blade of Ether, Soul Hunger, Aura of Slaanesh-580pts
Exalted Champion: MoCU, Helm of Many Eyes, Great Weapon-129pts
Aspiring Champion: MoT (lvl2), BSB, Disk of Tzeentch, Halberd- 222pts
Wargor: Great Weapon-64pts
Bray Shaman: MoS, lvl 2, Staff of Darkoth- 155pts
Bray Shaman: MoS, lvl 2, Bray Staff-136pts
Core: 1445pts
20 Marauders: Great Weapons, Full Command- 165pts
20 Marauders: Hand Weapons, Shields, Light Armour, Full Command-165pts (General Here)
20 Marauders: Hand Weapons, Shields, Light Armour, Full Command-165pts (Exalted Here)
10 Chosen Knights: MoS, Rapturous Standard, Full Command-570pts
Chaos Chariot: MoT- 130pts
Chaos Chariot: MoT- 130pts
5 warhounds-30pts
5 warhounds-30pts
5 warhounds-30pts
5 warhounds-30pts

Special: 1058pts
Beast Herd: 6 gor w/ 2 hand weapons, 14 ungor w/ spears-133pts (Bray Shamans Here)
Beast Herd: 6 gor w/ 2 hand weapons, 14 ungor w/ spears-133pts (Wargor here)
Tuskgor Chariot- 85pts (Beast Lord Here)
4 Chaos Trolls- 220pts
10 Furies- 150pts
5 Screamers of Tzeentch- 165pts
3 Minotaurs: MoCU, Great Weapons, Bloodkine, Standard Bearer-172pts

Rare: 708pts
2 Fiends of Slaanesh- 150pts
Fiend of Slaanesh- 75ps
Chaos Giant: Mutant Monstosity- 225pts
4 Maneaters: Great Weapons- 258pts

Total points: 5498pts
Power Dice: 18
Dispel Dice: 9

I have a basic idea for a plan but I'm not too sure yet since I've had no experience with a battle this sized.

I tried to format the list so it didn't look boring...apparently I am retarded in the arts of making a list look nice.

The Red Scourge
22-05-2008, 15:16
Oh my..

Thats a big mob.. and not much to hit hard..

How about splitting up the knights, you won't be able to use them all to attack, and a single cannonball will take away your rank bonus. Take a group of Khorne Knights, they'll hit just as hard, while also giving you a dispel die.

Generally you lack hard hitting units. Other than your lord, you have no reliable means to deal with a steam tank. And if your chosen knights or minos run into a group of crazed flagellants, they'll get stuck and set up for a flank charge.

Also. Your BSB is mounted on a disc that sadly isn't possible – but a disc rider with a spell familiar is definitely a good idea.

Tacticswise.. Find a direction magicwise and use magic to force them to come to you. Think about making your demon prince the general and exchange your undivided lord for an exalted sorcerer. Else I'd opt for much much much much more cavalry, but I guess you're limited by your models, so I'd go for magic assault backed by infantry.