PDA

View Full Version : Apocolypse Datasheets

Horus38
22-05-2008, 03:29
Is it just me or is there a lack of new datasheets being put up on the site? I know there's that new book (Apocolypse reload I believe) but you'd think we'd get a few online datasheets as well. Regardless this isn't a whine thread, just wondering if anyone else has thoughts on the matter. I seem to recall GW saying they would be supporting Apocolypse well after the release and does anyone know if this will mean new online datasheets anytime soon?

22-05-2008, 03:43
unfortunitaly its a victim of cool new idea syndrom. many htings have it weather GW or any other company. when Apoc came out it was all we are going to get so many updates and going to do this and that. adn they do the first 2 or 3 months then it gets put in the back and forgoten.

Chem-Dog
22-05-2008, 03:54
Problem I've had with it all is the sheer stupidness of some of the "formations" The Conclave of Chaos and the Maelstrom of Gore both jump to mind as totally surplus to requirements Like Kharn the Betrayer and 100 Berzerkers wouldn't make enough mess or Abbadon and 8 of his best Chaos Lord mates wouldn't be enough of a problem on the battlefield already.

The Datasheets would be better used detailing stuff that's in the 40K background but too big for regular 40K rather (like Titans, Company sized formations ect) than making sure every single unit or character can be included in at least 2 of them.

I've only come up with one myself. The Harlequin Solitaire.

If planetfall hits this autumn, it'll be like the Apoc release all over again though, so don't panic because nobody can think of any new Datasheets at the moment :)

Horus38
22-05-2008, 04:02
If planetfall hits this autumn, it'll be like the Apoc release all over again though, so don't panic because nobody can think of any new Datasheets at the moment :)

This is true, planetfall would see a re-peaking in big apocolypse type games. I agree that a Harliquin datasheet would be awesome and very fluffy.

Hellebore
22-05-2008, 04:13
I've only come up with one myself. The Harlequin Solitaire.
:)

So what rules did you give it out of curiosity?

Hellebore

The Orange
22-05-2008, 05:39
Their probably saving what data sheets they've made for the new book. IIRC, its supposed to have 50 new data sheets. A lot of work if they keep giving them up for free (like they said they would :().

AdmiralDick
22-05-2008, 08:15
we have had rather a lot of 'Chaos' datasheets of late, but there has certainly not been a particulalry even flow of new ones on the website.

to be honest, i never really expected GW to keep good on that promise; in fact i doubt many people would have kept it up. its too much work for too little reward. the most i would expect would be a couple of new datasheets released alongside respective Codecies, and for the most part that's what we have seen.

nevertheless, there are a plethora of ideas that gamers have generated, and it dosen't take much to dig them up and use them (perhaps with some modification), and after all, isn't that what Apocalypse is about?