PDA

View Full Version : Steam Tank Query

Pitur
22-05-2008, 07:53
Hi all,

Can someone confirm if the stupid tank can use all its steampoints for grinding? Can it actually generate as many impact hits as it does when charging?

GW website isnt updated i guess. Says there it can only use a single point for grinding when standing still but it also talks about structure points instead of wounds so the info is obsolete?

Can someone please help me clear this up?

Regards

Pitur

T10
22-05-2008, 08:59
The article is obsolete.

The Steam tank can indeed grind with any number of steam points.

-T10

Pitur
22-05-2008, 10:18
Thanks mate

xragg
22-05-2008, 12:36
It also causes impact hits on how many steam points it generated for movement, irregardless if it actually used all the movement or not. For example, a stank generates 4 steam points to move 12", but only moves 3" to charge you, it still does 4 steam points of impact hits.

alextroy
23-05-2008, 03:19
Note that Steam Tank generates an additional 1d3 Impact Hits when it charges. Thus, it cannot generate as many dice of Impact Hits when just Grinding as it can when charging.

soots
23-05-2008, 03:37
Actually, its essentially the same.

Its GWs little clever way of allowing you to get the same.

You only get 1 D3 for every full 3". When you charge, its never going to be exactly 3". it may be 2.999" (humor me please), which means its not a full 3". But because theyre charging this is offset by the additional D3. Pretty clever and good way of balancing imo. (not that the stank is balanced lol)

Faustburg
23-05-2008, 08:12
No... '..for every full 3"...' was the old rules.

You get a basic D3 for charging as well, on wich is added D3 for every steampoint used for the charge.

So declaring you are using up all your steam points for a charge, whether the enemy is 1 or 15" away, will generate D3+5D3 impact hits, whereas a Steam tank in combat at hte start of the turn grinding with its full allowance of steam points will only generate 5D3 impact hits.

Spirit
23-05-2008, 08:35
No... '..for every full 3"...' was the old rules.

You get a basic D3 for charging as well, on wich is added D3 for every steampoint used for the charge.

So declaring you are using up all your steam points for a charge, whether the enemy is 1 or 15" away, will generate D3+5D3 impact hits, whereas a Steam tank in combat at hte start of the turn grinding with its full allowance of steam points will only generate 5D3 impact hits.

Theres something mildly amusing about this statement...

Faustburg
23-05-2008, 08:58
Hehe... yeah, I know... I was going to edit it to "Only", but the phone rang.