PDA

View Full Version : 2k o' High Elves

Amornar
23-05-2008, 00:03
Still working on making a high elf list I'm happy with, this is the latest. Comments and criticism please.

2000 High Elves
(Balanced for all comers)

Korhil (w/ Banner Spears)

Noble (w/ PG)
BSB
Great Weapon
Armour of Caledor
Amulet of Fire

Mage (w/ Regular Spears)
2 Dispel Scrolls
Gem of Courage

19 Spearmen
Full Command
Banner of Arcane Protection

19 Spearmen
Full Command

14 Phoenix Guard
Full Command

10 White Lions

10 White Lions

5 Dragon Princes

Lion Chariot

Eagle

Eagle

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower

Amornar
23-05-2008, 19:42
Come on guys, I know that everyone is sick of high elf lists, but I would really appreciate a little input.

Cheers,

Amornar

Conotor
24-05-2008, 00:49
I have played against high elves, but not actualy read the book, so if I say somehting stupid, tell me.

IMO your PG should carry a War Banner. They have great defence, so mass CR will work well with them.

It can be worth it to add 1 or 2 models to each of your ranked units, so you can keep your full ranks after a light peppering.

To pay for this, I would suggest taking out the lion chariot. If gets you more points then you pay out, add a dragon knight.

Also, When I played against HE that right of hoteth was REAlY annoying. Every phase I had to save 1 or 2 DD to make shure my cavalry were not obliterated. To pay for this, well, with drain magic you don't need too many scrolls.

Amornar
26-05-2008, 18:44
BUMP unfortunately, still could use some input, I have a game this coming week against the new daemons and would appreciate some more input.

Marwynn
26-05-2008, 18:50
Consider putting Korhil with the Phoenix Guards. Stubborn and Fear is not a bad combination.

Put the BSB in one of the Spears and give the PG Champ the Amulet of Light. That way your toughest unit can deal the magical attacks.

Looks like a solid list. I would, however, ditch the Banner of Arcane Protection. The War or Lion Banners would help out more. If you're facing Daemons I would suggest the Lion Banner then. Else, drop it altogether and give your BSB the Guardian Phoenix for a 5+ Ward save.

Amornar
27-05-2008, 19:35
Thanks Marwynn, I'll give some more thought to character placement and the unit banners.

isidril93
27-05-2008, 19:40
the bsb cannot have a great weapon but overall i think it is a good list and maybe you could take a larger unit of white lions instead or2 small ones

WargamesEmpire
27-05-2008, 19:41
Pretty good list tbh. Not much that can be said about it.

Maybe lose the Lion Chariot as they're a bit fragile for their cost...mind you, if you're playing Daemons (who usually don't have much shooting) it should see some action.

Marwynn
27-05-2008, 21:24
the bsb cannot have a great weapon but overall i think it is a good list and maybe you could take a larger unit of white lions instead or2 small ones

Yes the BSB can wield a Great Weapon, unless there's a ruling outside of the Army Book.

The WLs are fine as they are, although it's probably better to bump them up to 12.