PDA

View Full Version : The Lost and The Damned (Demons and Eldar)

Verfallen
23-05-2008, 02:19
My local gaming group is holding a building league of 500 pts every two months starting with the release week of 5th edition. I have dutifully signed up for two armies. Eldar was a given because I already have a 4000+pt army waiting to be painted and once I saw the demons on the shelves I knew I had to paint them. So without further ado here's my first painted Black Guardian of Ulthwe.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/mlvesecky/PC310002.jpg

and my first WIP Daemonette (the right leg is done)
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/mlvesecky/PC310004.jpg

So there you have my log, things might be slow in the next couple weeks because of finals but once thats over i'll kick it into overdive!

Mr Feral
23-05-2008, 09:16
Nice! I like your clean painting style, the suts the Eldar well and the Daemonette well.

Also I get first comment!

Magos Explorator
23-05-2008, 10:17
The Eldar is really nice and clean--great model! If you can manage an army to that standard I'll be impressed. :) Is the base Dark Flesh?

colhodg
23-05-2008, 10:43
Really nice colour scheme and execution on the eldar - the black looks perfect with that very subtle highlight, contrasting with the nicely finished bone and the red contrast throughout.

You've achieved a really interesting clean look there - almost looks like it's out of a computer game? would love to see a full squad done like this.

Lord Blood the Hungry
23-05-2008, 11:24
wow the highlighting on the guardian is awesome.
blackis such a difficult colour to highlight, how did you do it? is there any chance you could give us a run through of the stages you used?

Verfallen
25-05-2008, 04:02
The Black is simple, I use almost exclusively reaper master series (Bone is vallejo model color, and I find GWs black to be the best) First I line the whole model with stormcover grey (about 50/50 choas black codex grey), cleaning up edges with black, the highlight all the edges with coldstone grey (about codex grey) leaving a little bit of the stormcover grey showing giving it a slight fade. You can't really see it in the photos but IRL the grey is a lot brighter so the fade makes it less stark.

The base actually looks much better IRL, it is ballast from woodland scenics iron ore, without paint, and looks more brown and natural. The base is uncoated with dark flesh however before the sand is applied.

I'm making more progress on my demons, including fiddling with bloodletters. Pics soon. For the 500 pts i've decided on my demons with a squad of daemonettes, a squad of bloodletters and skulltaker, just yer basics there. Still unsure about eldar, besides a squad of guardians.

AbyssRaven
25-05-2008, 05:00
Nice job

Cant wait to see how the demonette turns out

Raellos
25-05-2008, 06:04
Daemonette skin recipe please! I have tried and failed to paint them so many times now, and that skin looks really good. The Guardian looks really cool as well. Very crisp and tidy.

Verfallen
28-05-2008, 21:13
Okay well the first real update. I've been (slowly) chipping away at some test figures before I get into painting assembly line style so without further ado heres the 1/4 completed bloodletter.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/mlvesecky/P1050007.jpg

Well, in two weeks i'll be out of school so you will be seeing updates more often.

Death Korp
28-05-2008, 23:08
Damn, that BL is nice. I wish i had your talents and paticence :(

DK

Mr Feral
29-05-2008, 11:13
Ooh very nice Bloodletter indeed! A very smooth paintjob, well done! ;)

Luthien
29-05-2008, 14:24
Excellent painting, especially the eldar. I've always had problems with black.

Coolhand
29-05-2008, 19:47
Nice start to your log, looking forward to seeing more!

Verfallen
31-05-2008, 01:54
Thank you all for the kind comments, I've been working on it, and I hope to finish it tonight! Hopefully updates soon.

Daniel36
04-06-2008, 20:53
You are good... VERY good!! Keep up this painting, and show us more! :D

Verfallen
15-06-2008, 01:38
Sorry for the long absence, but school is over! and I just got back from GD Baltimore. I picked up a forgeworld Avatar and a Void Dragon Pheonix, since my FLGS has monthly apoc games. You'll be seeing that soon. :D Anywho I've figured out my lists for the building leagues.

Chaos Demons (500pts)

HQ - Skulltaker (140pts)

Troops - Bloodletters (190pts)
10 Bloodletters, Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Troops - Daemonettes (170pts)
10 Daemonettes, Chaos Icon, Instrument of Chaos

or (instead of damonettes depending on what I feel like painting)
Troops - Pink Horrors (170pts)
10 Pink Horrors

Neither list is a good list but it gives me a good base of 2 troops + 1 HQ and horrors are a must in almost any demon army. and for eldar...

Eldar (492pts)

HQ - Farsser (80pts)
Doom

Troops - Guardians (125pts)
10 Guardians, Shuriken Cannon, Warlock with Conceal

Troops - Dire Avengers (152pts)
10 Dire Avengers, Exarch with Extra SC and Bladestorm
Transport - Wave Serpent (135pts)
Twin Linked Bright Lance

That'll give me a good start on the core of my army again, not a very good list but it gets stuff painted for the 1000+ lists that are.

Mewy
15-06-2008, 05:47
That bloodletters skin is flawless. Looking forward to the horrors!

Verfallen
25-07-2008, 02:30
Well well well, looks like I haven't been painting and the league is on saturday! I've painted a few models, nothing to warrant an update though, I'm gonna miss the first week of league because instead of painting I've been assembling my 5,000 pts of eldar for a going away apoc game for a friend. It matters not as half the people are gonna miss the first week. I've also realised how much I love painting greenskins, enough to build a horde army with over 150 models... well updates monday

Verfallen
07-08-2008, 16:11
Wohoo actual pictures, I haven't been working hard but here's the obligatory workspace pic, which has since been diligently cleaned ;)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/mlvesecky/P3060028.jpg

and my first pic of my newly saim hann themed jetbike army

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk208/mlvesecky/P3130030.jpg

Seeya soon with dire avengers and more bikes.

WiganUltra
09-08-2008, 18:57
Awesome stuff here so far.

As an ulthwe player, I can't wait to see more!