PDA

View Full Version : GMI Games RTT, May 17th...2,250pts Daemons

theDarkGeneral
23-05-2008, 16:41
Ok, here's a link to the Herdstone where I usually post up my Battle Reports...

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=14828

Almost done with this, hope ya'll enjoy the read and have some feedback!

Malorian
23-05-2008, 16:55
The general agreement is that necromancy is NOT a lore so you can't use your banner on it.

Interesting report to read. I thought those khorne dogs sucked (like most dogs), but I had no idea they had two wounds and multiple attacks... good thing I learned it here and not the hard way.

Maybe next time the VC player will actually pass all ward saves and you'll be done for ; )

Draconian77
23-05-2008, 18:27
I think you will find that the general concensus from VC's players is that its not part of the Lore whereas the general concensus of Demon players say that it is.;)

Me? I'm a DE player, I don't care which way other people play it.

To the battle report! Good report as always, seems like his units just couldn't hurt you and that your active CR was always much greater than his Static CR front to front. When he flanked you your ACR seemed to be equal to his SCR, that game looked harsh for the VC's.

Peegore
23-05-2008, 18:57
Turn 4 made me chuckle out loud.... Vamp Lord 'doing a Skaven' ( except he didn't squirt the musk of fear ) retreating to the back of a unit. A flurry of blows later and the sound of a load of bones hitting the floor..... classic comedy moment

Nice report!

BTW Draconian77 currently appears on nearly half of the 'latest replies' on the Warseer Batrep first page. Seriously Drac. how do you have the time?!?;)

Malorian
23-05-2008, 20:04
I think you will find that the general concensus from VC's players is that its not part of the Lore whereas the general concensus of Demon players say that it is.;)

Well there are more VC players than deamon players so we win :evilgrin:

Until skulltaker attacks out lords... :cries:

Dexter099
23-05-2008, 21:04
Fluffwise: Invocation of Nehek is the most commonly known Necromancy spell, and is one of the remaining spells from the library at Lahmia.

Gamewise: Invocation of Nehek is raising people from the dead. That is Necromancy. End of Story. It was a Necromancy spell, last edition, too. And no, it is not a Tomb King Ritual.

And no, I am not a demon player.

Malorian
23-05-2008, 21:17
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144308&page=2 Disussed here.

Basically comes down to there is a page for the vampire lore and IoN isn't on that page, it's on the page before.

Draconian77
23-05-2008, 23:51
Theres no point arguing about it here, other people will give counter arguments and it won't be a batrep thread anymore!

"BTW Draconian77 currently appears on nearly half of the 'latest replies' on the Warseer Batrep first page. Seriously Drac. how do you have the time?!?"

Hmm, the short of it is that the vast majority of my posts are made at 1-5 AM Irish time! No, I won't tell you what I'm doing at 1-5 Irish time. :angel:

Asfaloth
24-05-2008, 11:31
Interesting battle report. Sounded like lots of fun although a little onesided.
I think the greatest problem for the Vampires were the etheral Vampire and the Wraiths which are nice units but are almost useless against deamons.

theDarkGeneral
24-05-2008, 15:36
Much thanks for all the Replys guys/gals!

Malorian: Skulltaker is rough...probably why I don't use him. As for the "general consenus"...that's going to be left up to GW Rules Committee. I've sent this one in a long time ago. (I got the book early) But, for those interested, it was indeed discussed with my opponent, who happens to be one of my best friends. He agreed that it should either affect the 3 Necro Spells, or the 6 from the Lore of Vampire...but not both, which I never dreamed of.

Draconian77: Ireland...beautiful country! Since I'm half Irish, and you do play Dark Elves (love the bad guys!), CHEERS to you! The game with Fernando and his VC was tough because both of our Armies have innate abilities that are lost on each other...I hit harder and out played him some, so that just left things up to the fickle dice gods.

Peegore: It was actuallly tactically sound to hide, since there is no benefit/negative for the Vamp Lord chic to be in the front, they don't need her LD. But it was quite funny to see her all alone against my Bloodletters w/general...and hold them off! :rolleyes:

Dexter099: I agree with you, but who knows how GW will see it?

Asfaloth: Wraiths and the Bansee usually do well against my Army, mainly because of the big LD drop we got with the new book. But, I was just careful of keeping them under control, though I have recommended to Fernando to drop the Etheral Vamp, he's not much help.

Draconian77
24-05-2008, 16:40
Heh, nice general response post there!

Half Irish you say? Interesting...

Looking forward to the next one,

~Drac

SevenSins
30-05-2008, 08:44
another nice rep, tdg! and against a sporting opponent.
As draconian77 said, looking forward to the next one.