PDA

View Full Version : Number of spites for branchwraiths and treemen

skuller
24-05-2008, 03:56
Huge question:
In the WE spites section it states that "each particular spite choice may be only chosen once in an army. For example you cannont have two models with X spite.In addition each character can only choose onespite from the list below. HOWEVER treeman ancient and branchwraiths may have any number of spites to the limit of their allowance."

taking into account that Im fielding Drycha how many additional cluster of radiants can my army take
a. None
b. one more
c. one per branchwraith and/or treeman ancient
d. As many as points allowance

Is the however part that creates the confusion
thanks

theunwantedbeing
24-05-2008, 04:06
1 per army.
Treeman ancients and branchwraiths can have 2+ spites though, so long as they dont go over the 1 per army limit.

xragg
24-05-2008, 12:43
Branchwraiths and ancients really should be able to take the same spites though. Two of the spites are useless to them to begin with. If you're running a drychia army or similar, you quickly run out of spites making all your characters vanilla.

explorator
24-05-2008, 13:49
Thank goodness WE players run out of Spites. I have seen several WE lists that had 'An Annoyance of Netlings' on every character, which is obviously not allowed for a good reason.

WusteGeist
25-05-2008, 00:14
Branchwraiths and ancients really should be able to take the same spites though. Two of the spites are useless to them to begin with. If you're running a drychia army or similar, you quickly run out of spites making all your characters vanilla.

Given I just played against Skuller where he had a multitude of the same spites, no they should not be able to take the same one. Ever.

T10
25-05-2008, 09:38
If you're running a drychia army or similar, you quickly run out of spites making all your characters vanilla.

If you could take multiples of the same spites then the Wood Elf Forest Spirit armies would include nothing but identical characters.

I'd say that's worse than having the same mix of characters in each battle...

-T10

xragg
26-05-2008, 19:07
Yes, a couple of the spites would get abused and shouldnt be taken over and over, but it still doesnt change the fact that a forest spirit army has very little options for its characters. Vampires are allowed to choose from 20 powers which can be duplicated, as an example. I suppose I just wish there were a few more spites available to only treemen/branchwraiths.

theunwantedbeing
26-05-2008, 19:13
You cant really complain about not having much options when you limit yourself to only a small portion of the list.