PDA

View Full Version : New Beastman Indigo Fire cast on Zombies...

][nquist0r
25-05-2008, 05:38
Just as the post suggests. Has anyone had a tarpit of zombies get hit by Indigo fire cast by a beastmen player? The New FAQ says that you can use Tzeentch marked Bestigors str4(6) w/ heavy armor instead of Horrors. This spell could kill 50 percent of the zombies and create a like amount of Bestigors that count as charging in the combat phase... Oh and they dont give up Vps... Just wondering if this has happened to anyone yet? I run a Doombull list, but I'm buying a box of bestigors tomorrow... This is too sweet to pass up! (Even killing 33 percent of a t3 unit is worth it by my thinking.)

neXus6
25-05-2008, 07:13
Yep don't forget 105pt chariots that give you +1 power dice too.

Seriously can't stand the FAQ, they give us this and the needless chariots can take marks crap rather than just making everyone happy and saying they can rank up to 5 wide. :p

][nquist0r
25-05-2008, 08:01
Im trying a undivided Doom Bull List. So the Chariots dont bother me. A undivided Doombull with 3 undivided minotaurs. 2 units of 4 nurgle minos. 2 Tzeentch wargors, and an unmarked Bray along with 2 khorne chariots, 2 tzeentch ones, and 2 giants (with chaos hounds screen.) Frenzied chariots? Yes please!

StefDa
25-05-2008, 19:28
Can someone provide a link to those infamous FAQs I keep seeing discussed around?

Loopstah
25-05-2008, 19:40
Can someone provide a link to those infamous FAQs I keep seeing discussed around?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/3/

theunwantedbeing
25-05-2008, 19:44
Yup, the beastmen FAQ wasnt really all that well thought out.
Although it does mean they can do some utterly unfair things.

Turning a big unit of 50 zombies into a unit of 25 horrors....who get to cast spells and dont go "poof" or give up VP.
makese the daemonic spell tzeentch's firestorm look utterly pathetic.(more so than it actually is)

Failing that, create lots of small units of tzaangors to generate extra powerdice.

][nquist0r
26-05-2008, 00:25
Well I played today against a lizardman player and this spell worked really well for me. I hit a salamander unit with it, and created enough bestigors to tie up the unit until I could smash it with a giant and chariot... Definately worth using in a beastman army. Skinks make good bestigors.

The Red Scourge
26-05-2008, 08:57
Turning opposing light infantry into your heavy infantry – what could possibly be the advantage of this??

Now the bestial tzeentch tactic will be to hang back, and watch the opposing army tear itself apart. Who needs the ability to rank up then ; )

Dexter099
27-05-2008, 02:02
Ouch. I wonder if us WoC players get to turn skinks into chaos warriors?

Cap'n Facebeard
27-05-2008, 03:30
That's totally FAQed. Whoever writes these things is a FAQwit.

Znail
27-05-2008, 06:56
Ouch. I wonder if us WoC players get to turn skinks into chaos warriors?

Nope, the magic eight-ball told them to disalow the those same lores for WoC that they made an errata for BoC. I doubt anyone can come up with a logical reason why WoC has to use the lores from the basic rule book while BoC can keep using the chaos specific lores. I wonder what interesting things the magic eight-ball will instuct them to include in the upcomming WoC army book ;)

The Red Scourge
27-05-2008, 10:52
Nope, the magic eight-ball told them to disalow the those same lores for WoC that they made an errata for BoC. I doubt anyone can come up with a logical reason why WoC has to use the lores from the basic rule book while BoC can keep using the chaos specific lores. I wonder what interesting things the magic eight-ball will instuct them to include in the upcomming WoC army book ;)

With the current army setup, they'll probably add some handgunners and daemonic walking stanks and change the name to Dark Empire of Chaos :rolleyes:

][nquist0r
27-05-2008, 22:29
Seriously can't stand the FAQ, they give us this and the needless chariots can take marks crap rather than just making everyone happy and saying they can rank up to 5 wide. :p

Actually in the wording of the spell it says that the bestigors line up against the unit in the same way they (the effected unit) is laid out. So they do rank up if the unit was a ranked unit.

Neknoh
27-05-2008, 22:32
That comment was actually in refference to the Raider rule, which the FAQ specifically says "No, you DON'T get to keep your bonus from 4th ed when facing chariots and stuff like that"

decker_cky
27-05-2008, 22:36
Meh...it's a good spell now, but it's not broken. There's a lot worse out there than a spell that will cause headaches for zombies and skavenslaves.

Spleendokta
28-05-2008, 02:03
I played a game vs the new VC's before this FAQ came out and I got steamrolled. After with me turning a pile of zombies into angry tzgors it allowed me to stand a chance vs the summoning spam. Summon more stuff? Ok ill make more tzgors too. :) lol

Talonz
28-05-2008, 07:00
[nquist0r;2642244']A undivided Doombull with 3 undivided minotaurs. 2 units of 4 nurgle minos.

Minos can only have the same mark as their general.

][nquist0r
28-05-2008, 22:11
Minos can only have the same mark as their general.

If your general is undivided then they can have any mark can they not? Its really the only way to build a legal multi-marked army. However I know that a marked character can only join a unit that has the same mark, and thus I have 1 undivided unit for him to join...

Belerophon709
28-05-2008, 22:21
[nquist0r;2652920']If your general is undivided then they can have any mark can they not? Its really the only way to build a legal multi-marked army. However I know that a marked character can only join a unit that has the same mark, and thus I have 1 undivided unit for him to join...

Minos are different. They have the option of going unmarked (that means not even having the Mark of Chaos Undivided) or going with the same mark as the army general, so no nurgle-minos in an army led by an undivided character and no undivided minos in an army led by a slaaneshi character f.ex.

Aflo
28-05-2008, 22:24
[nquist0r;2652920']If your general is undivided then they can have any mark can they not? Its really the only way to build a legal multi-marked army. However I know that a marked character can only join a unit that has the same mark, and thus I have 1 undivided unit for him to join...

Unfortunately not. It says specifically they must have the same mark as the general or no mark at all.

edit: Beaten to it :p