PDA

View Full Version : Wargear Book - 3 weeks too late!!

Alco Engineer
21-10-2005, 02:16
I've just found the release date for the Wargear Book in Australia

http://oz.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.oz?do=Individual&code=60040199015&orignav=10

I can't beleive it's being released on the 22nd of November when my Grand Tournament is on the 5th and 6th of November! Grrrr. I wanted to poilsh up on all of my weapon rules (mainly those I'm facing. I know mine pretty well by now) before heading to the tournament to make life easier.

Ok I've calmed down now. What a pain.

Sir Charles
21-10-2005, 02:31
“Your rail rifle does what now?”
:) thats a funny tagline :)

Alco Engineer
21-10-2005, 03:06
Yeah but My friends don't own all of the codexes. So other than sitting down memorising the codexes at the local GW (which my 1 night a week is better spent gaming) I don't really have access to them all without forking out hundreds of $$. And although I could I'm trying to save for a house deposit.

Alco Engineer
21-10-2005, 04:02
Okay, so here's what you do: ask your opponents at the Grand Tournament if you can read their codicies.

Yeah I know But it all takes time and I'm looking for sportsmanship points more than anything so I don't want to get bogged down the whole game asking what each weapon does or spend the pregame time reading their codex. I'd rather get to know them.

Oh well. I guess I should just quit complaining.

Khaine's Messenger
21-10-2005, 04:15
There are the reference sheets on GW's website (so you can properly statblind yourself before you get hit full broadside with the full wording of the rules that go with the stats)...although that won't clue you in on stuff like min/max squad sizes or the ton of not-quite-hastily-worded special rules and wargear options that fill most codices to the brim.

It'll be a learning experience. :)

He Who Laughs
21-10-2005, 04:23
Dude, if it's sportmanship points you're after, just take a case of Coopers Pale Ale to the tourney and share a six pack with each of your opponents during the game. Sure, you won't be able to remember the difference between a Earthshaker and a grot blaster by the end of the game, but hey - you won't give ***** either, and neither will your opponent :D

Alco Engineer
21-10-2005, 04:35
There are the reference sheets on GW's website (so you can properly statblind yourself before you get hit full broadside with the full wording of the rules that go with the stats)...although that won't clue you in on stuff like min/max squad sizes or the ton of not-quite-hastily-worded special rules and wargear options that fill most codices to the brim.

That's a great idea. I realise I won't know all of the wargear options and what they do etc. but just knowing what units carry what weapon's and how hard they hurt. I'll get onto it this arvo.

Dude, if it's sportmanship points you're after, just take a case of Coopers Pale Ale to the tourney and share a six pack with each of your opponents during the game. Sure, you won't be able to remember the difference between a Earthshaker and a grot blaster by the end of the game, but hey - you won't give ***** either, and neither will your opponent

Not a bad idea monkey boy. Maybe I'll see if that Jokaero that stole yours has any to spare.....:evilgrin:

He Who Laughs
21-10-2005, 04:59
Not a bad idea monkey boy. Maybe I'll see if that Jokaero that stole yours has any to spare.....:evilgrin:

Get him to give back my stubby holder too, little b@stard...

Back OT - make sure you play in character too (I know you will, just thought I'd highlight it) - a couple of times in the tourney I was in recently, I made some decisions and made some actions that perhaps weren't the most tactically sound, but instead were in the theme of the army I was using - and I'm sure this helped my sportsmanship score.

Alco Engineer
21-10-2005, 05:15
Like one guy I played in fantasy who moved his whole Ogre army back so that I couldn't charge with a unit of black knights. He had apauling luck for the rest of the game so I warned him it was the judges punishing him.

make sure you play in character too (I know you will, just thought I'd highlight it) - a couple of times in the tourney I was in recently, I made some decisions and made some actions that perhaps weren't the most tactically sound, but instead were in the theme of the army I was using - and I'm sure this helped my sportsmanship score.

I'm sure that'd be good but I think being an arrogant ba$tard (although coming naturally) or prancing around the table whilst playing Eldar or attempting to remove my opponents skull while screaming "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" might be a little over the top......

TomKamakazi
21-10-2005, 05:33
Dude, if it's sportmanship points you're after, just take a case of Coopers Pale Ale to the tourney and share a six pack with each of your opponents...

You are welcome to play with me any time!!

He Who Laughs
21-10-2005, 06:17
Next time I'm in Mexico (south of the border ;)) I'll look you up TomKamakazi. I generally think beer + 40K is a match made in heaven.

PhrollikK
21-10-2005, 06:43
Damn, I was disappointed at this book as I thought it would be a fluffbible an all things weaponry in 40K alá 2nd ed. Wargear book. It's just rules on all weapons?!?! Download the reference sheets... :o

Alco Engineer
21-10-2005, 06:52
OK. I just got the latest Vox caster and the Wargear Book's released on the 8th of Nov! (My birthday but that's a side note) That means it isn't 3 weeks late but 3 days late @#$&^%&%!!!! I down loaded all of the summary sheets and FAQ's to take with me so that'll be handy but I would've liked the wargear book though.

Humph. <Goes off to sulk>

Puffin Magician
21-10-2005, 09:59
All you need are the rules for weapons belonging to the various races?

Just download Army Builder (http://www.wolflair.com/).

If that's all that's in the Wargear Book, I'm no longer disappointed that I'm not able to buy it. Totally worthless to me now.

He Who Laughs
21-10-2005, 12:24
What you need Gronk errr... Alco Engineer is the 2nd ed Wargear book (I'm sure you've still got yours lying around, probably under the battlewagon ;) ) - there's some wonderful things in that - Virus Grenades, Vortex Grenades, Conversion Beamers, Sustained Fire 3 Assault Cannons :cheese: - start using the old stats and you can time how long it takes your opponent to figure out somethings not right... about the time his Landraider disappears into the empryean via warp rift... :evilgrin:

Sai-Lauren
21-10-2005, 14:04
Or you could just assume that everyone's playing some flavour of marines, with the odd eldar "starcannons-of-doom" army thrown in for good measure.;)

Wiseman
21-10-2005, 14:25
i thought this was due out a week or two ago, though i think im crazy, which would explain why im wrong