PDA

View Full Version : Can It Be True... Does the Black Coach...

Sloppyjayman
27-05-2008, 18:43
Does the Black Coach absorb the power dice of all wizards within 6" of it, including enemy wizards? Does that also mean, the your opponent has to roll his 2 free power dice at the beginning of his magic phase because the black coach is on the table, and not within 6"?

If so, is the black coach overpowered...???

Thanks for the Rule Clarification...

Loopstah
27-05-2008, 18:54
Yes, Yes, No.

theunwantedbeing
27-05-2008, 19:33
1. Only if he rolls a 6 for all the dice they generate.
2. Yes, you roll your's as well in your magic phase though.
3. No, not really.

Spirit
28-05-2008, 00:15
Agreed, you still only have a one in 6 chance to get an ability, you need 5, 6's to make the coach really good, and it can be killed before then on a 50/50 chance with a cannonball.

Its not overpowered, good yes.

In the right army it can be a game winner, but its not easy to pull off.

EvC
28-05-2008, 09:32
Yes, yes, damn well no. Although it was enough of a worry that my last Lizardmen opponent argued tooth and claw that the two dice he stored in the Diadem of Power shouldn't be rolled. A judge ruled that they are pool dice and get rolled however... besides, would he have preferred I brought the Coach along, or a unit of 8 Wraiths?

Templar_Victorious
28-05-2008, 14:06
I wouldn't worry about that EvC, it's your army. You are allowed to build it the way you wish according to the setup for the points and scenario (which I believe you would be very familiar with) and sometimes, within the tournament rules.

Armilthuan
28-05-2008, 14:17
Anything that can shoot S7+ or charge fast enough with S7+ is bound to destroy the coach with one flick of a wrist.

Otherwise, it will be hard and long fight with that 4+ WS and raising his wounds back.

I had to change my High elf army to counter the threat. It's quite hard if you don't have the right tools for the job, but it is in no way overpowered.

Fun fact: Drop the coach when it's ethereal next to the wizard cowering in the woods and watch the look on your opponents face...

EvC
28-05-2008, 17:03
Yep, done that too. Course, had the rules lawyers after me acting like an ethereal flying Coach shouldn't be able to land in a forest :rolleyes:

Yehoshua
28-05-2008, 21:32
Presuming that the wizard passes his terror test (admittedly, fair chance to fail), it should be rather trivial to move the wizard in the woods out of the Coach's 2" sight range.

Armilthuan
29-05-2008, 06:56
Yep, done that too. Course, had the rules lawyers after me acting like an ethereal flying Coach shouldn't be able to land in a forest

It's a ghost for GW's sake. Trees and rubble which would otherwise damage chariots are non-existant to it. :D

Presuming that the wizard passes his terror test (admittedly, fair chance to fail), it should be rather trivial to move the wizard in the woods out of the Coach's 2" sight range.

Course, but you do it just to see the look on your opponents face... :D

EvC
29-05-2008, 11:05
Or, more pertinently, you then use Vanhels Danse Macabre and charge the blasted Wizard :D

Armilthuan
29-05-2008, 11:41
Ooh! Thats evil! :evilgrin:

Forbiddenknowledge
29-05-2008, 17:19
The biggest losses of my BC is due to combat res. If it gets hit, or charges alone if I can't support, or even fails to break the unit on the charge, combat res can get it eventually.

soots
30-05-2008, 01:28
Trust me, i dont think any Black Coach in charging range would prefer to steal "1 power dice" (on average) than to hit the unit with a bucketload of S6, Terror and other uber attacks

Forbiddenknowledge
30-05-2008, 12:54
I played a game against a fellow Vampire player, and when our battlelines met, we each had a coach right next to each other (but fighting different units) and between us, we had 8 odd wizards, including 2 lords within 6" of each coach. It was hilarious, like a black hole forming over them because of all the power sucking.