PDA

View Full Version : Points Opinion

oni
27-05-2008, 21:19
I bought the Space Marine megaforce and I want to assemble and paint the squads in order of playability from small to large.

The box set comes with:
1 Captain
5 man Command Squad
5 man Combat Squad
10 man Tactical Squad
5 man Assault Squad
5 man Scout Squad w/ Sniper Rifles and Missile Launcher
1 Razorback
1 Predator
1 Dreadnought w/ Twin Lascannon and Missile Launcher

I planned on doing the combat squad, scout squad, captain and Razorback to start off. I can push that to 400 pts. with suitable wargear and what not, but I'm curious if their might be a better rout or is planning on playing 400 pt. games way out of the ordinary.

edit: Title misspelling. :(

Majestic0110
27-05-2008, 22:05
I don't think its out of the ordinary at all. I've been playing 40K for on/off 13 years now and have fought quite a few 400 pointer matches. These were not tournament games, however. If you have a buddy you play with regularly then 400 points should be acceptable. This is, of course, my opinion! When I don't have hours to spend to play a game, I fight a 500 pointer battle with my mate and we have a great time. Sometimes smaller point battles can be more fun as your models are less expendable. Hope this answers your question! :)

oni
28-05-2008, 14:18
You make a very good point about small points battles. I like that idea.

How playable would you say this small force is? Points are based on current Codex with the assumption they'll be the same or close to the new one and assuming the 5th Ed. rule that everyone gets Frag and Krak grenades at no cost made it to print.

Captain
Storm Bolter
Power Sword
Iron Halo
__

Combat Squad
Terminator Honors
Purity Seals
Razorback Transport
w/ Smoke Launchers
Power of the Machine Spirit
__

Scouts
4x Sniper Rifles
Missle Launcher
__

Total: 398 Points

Majestic0110
28-05-2008, 21:06
Nice. I like it. Seems like a well rounded and balanced force. Would like to unleash my chaos daemons upon them!lol

t-tauri
28-05-2008, 21:21
Please don't post individual points values.