5 Furies 60

11 Daemonettes (full command) 162

10 Daemonettes (full command) 150

10 Daemonettes (full command) 150

6 Seekers (full command, Siren Standard) 199

6 Seekers (full command) 174

5 Seekers (full command) 160

Grand Total - 2250 points.

My first attempt at a tournament list for the new Daemon army book. On paper, it looks fast and hard-hitting - although the tiny unit sizes and fully half my points on characters scare the snot out of me.

The plan is to use a bait unit of daemonettes during deployment to draw out the enemy deployment across the board, and then set up all of the fast units on the other flank. The army hits one flank as hard as possible while the bait unit(s) try to redeploy and the furies fly around and march-block to prevent the enemy from bringing their forces to bear.

C&C welcome!

backslide
28-05-2008, 05:57
bit lacking in the hitty stuff! really dont think Spirit swallower is worth it, a keeper with siren is a very very scary thought! Slasshish is in my view prolly the most fun lore in the book so you should maxamise it, and get that dispare banner, fiends for hitty stuff too

Znail
28-05-2008, 06:55
Hmm, with full command for all units, shouldnt the magic standards be usefull? The stubborn standard makes the daemonettes pretty good at taking a charge and holding and the other one is good for the mounted ones.

stampy
28-05-2008, 09:32
I'd get rid of all your full commands, especially on the daemonette units. Give seeker units a standard bearer with siren standard and make last seeker unit an extra model

Da Black Gobbo
28-05-2008, 10:09
You need more numbers, those units of daemonettes should be bigger, some shooting will ruin your day unless you have some good magic fase and kill the shooting threats, Bolthrowers, or bow/crosbow/handgun fire will make your lil units unable to kill anything.

Lord Inquisitor
28-05-2008, 23:43
bit lacking in the hitty stuff! really dont think Spirit swallower is worth it, a keeper with siren is a very very scary thought! Slasshish is in my view prolly the most fun lore in the book so you should maxamise it, and get that dispare banner, fiends for hitty stuff too
I'm just worried that with T5 and only a 5+ save the Keeper is going to be badly wounded when she gets into combat. Spirit Swallower is worth it if it keeps her alive! I agree Siren is tempting, however.

I went for the Sundering standard, because I'm a little worried about the fact that I've only 6 dispel dice and no scrolls - a magic-heavy army might really hurt me. The standard should even things up against those pesky High Elf armies!

Hmm, with full command for all units, shouldnt the magic standards be usefull? The stubborn standard makes the daemonettes pretty good at taking a charge and holding and the other one is good for the mounted ones.
I think so too, but I'd have to find the points for them somewhere!

I'd get rid of all your full commands, especially on the daemonette units. Give seeker units a standard bearer with siren standard and make last seeker unit an extra model
Yeah? Not even standards on those units? I was thinking that with such small sizes, losing combat due to not having a musician would be disasterous and the champion helps the combat ability.

Just putting standards on the Daemonettes and dropping the champions and musicians only saves me enough points for 4 more daemonettes...

You need more numbers, those units of daemonettes should be bigger, some shooting will ruin your day unless you have some good magic fase and kill the shooting threats, Bolthrowers, or bow/crosbow/handgun fire will make your lil units unable to kill anything.
I know that'd be a problem - although I should certainly have those pesky missile troops being charged by turn 2!

But what do I cut for more numbers?

DullMentalRacket
29-05-2008, 00:01
if youre going to run a list like this i think it only makes sense to use the siren's song/ Banner of Ecstasy combo. Force your opponent to charge your daemonettes and hold a turn with the ecstasy banner for a flank/rear charge with your seekers.

youll need more heralds and dump the masque

backslide
29-05-2008, 05:19
if your wanting to go mono god slannish I would suggest somthing more like this:

Keeper of Seecrets
- Level 4, Siren Song, Temptator and Allure of Slaanesh... 675 points

Heroes:

The Masque
- ... 90 points

Herald of Slaanesh
- Level 1, Allure of Slaanesh, Enrapturing Gaze. Standard Bearer, Greater Icon of Despair... 290 points

Herald of Slaanesh
- Siren Song, Allure of Slaanesh, Level 1

Core:

18 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
- Full Command, Banner of Extacy... 271 points

18 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
- Full Command, Banner of Extacy

12 Daemonettes of Slaanesh
- Standard bearer, Siren Standard... 181 points

Special:

6 Seekers of Slaanesh

6 Seekers of Slaanesh

Rare:

3 Fiends of Slaanesh

1 Fiend of Slaanesh

Lord Inquisitor
02-06-2008, 22:11
if youre going to run a list like this i think it only makes sense to use the siren's song/ Banner of Ecstasy combo. Force your opponent to charge your daemonettes and hold a turn with the ecstasy banner for a flank/rear charge with your seekers.
Makes sense, but what do I drop?

youll need more heralds and dump the masque
Another herald with all that kit is at least 150, more if I make him a wizard. What do I drop to get that?

if your wanting to go mono god slannish I would suggest somthing more like this:
By my count, that list is over 2,500 points! I only have 2,250.

Here's my revised list, trying to put more claws on the ground:

Keeper of Secrets 635
Spirit swallower
Level 3 wizard

I'm going to stick with this for the time being. I just know I'm going to get shot at a lot. I want my Keeper to stay alive, and this means that even if I hit combat with one wound remaining, I can bring her back.

Herald 265
Level 1 wizard
Many Armed
Battle Standard
Icon of Sundering

Herald 190
Level 1 Wizard
Steed of Slaanesh
Siren

Masque of Slaanesh 90

5 Furies 60

14 Daemonettes (musician, standard bearer) 186

15 Daemonettes (musician, standard bearer) 198

10 Daemonettes (musician) 126

Two 3-ranked units of daemonettes, and one bare-bones "bait" unit.

6 Seekers (full command, Siren Standard) 199

Grand Total - 2299 points.

Hmm... I seem to have done something wrong, and I'm 50 points over. What do I drop now?

So I've got some more basic daemonettes on the table. I'm not sure I'm not better off splitting that into 4 units of 10. One factor is last tournament I faced between 2 and 4 bolt-throwers per game. They really seem to be the weapon of choice, and so 4 two-ranked units might actually be tougher against incoming fire.

Not that I think they're going to get shot at that much - the seekers looks so terribly fragile! I can drop 10 daemonettes and get another 5 seekers.

Kerill
03-06-2008, 04:29
Why not drop the 2 smaller units of seekers for:

2 Fiends 110 points
2 fiends 110 points

(tougher, higher strength, more wounds and a better tarpit when needed (Ld8 and harder to reduce US).

Leaves you 51 points, d get a steed of slaanesh for the many armed bsb (who can therefore be lauched out to take out warmachines and has much better movement to use the banner to full effect). And get the banner of ecstasy for the unit with the siren herald.

2249 points

Alternatively don't take the banner and steed OR drop many armed, gives you another 50 points. Drop the musician from the smallest daemonette unit and get another fiend.

Incidentally if I would recommend ether blade over many armed generally so you have something other than the keeper to take on high AS foes (although the fiends will help).

riven5
03-06-2008, 04:34
Personally I do not find the Heralds of Slaanesh to be anywhere near worth their points. They're frail, not particularly killey, and lend ASF to units that do not need ASF (High initiative, high movement rate practically guarantees that they're the chargers in most situations).

The Masque is amazing. Keep her or regret it horribly. Not only does she bring a totally unique power to the table, but she also enjoys M10, 5 WS7 S4 AP attacks and a 3+ ward save. Oh, and she's far cheaper than the average tooled-up HoS.

Daemonettes do not necessarily need to be in blocks of 12+ to be effective either. Daemonettes practically scream MSU (Multiple small units). Using multiple units of 6 or 7 could yield some impressive results when you take into account their ability to be stubborn on their first break test. That means that your enemy needs to do some impressive damage to force them to flee, and if they do not, your Steeds or your KoS will be flanking the next turn.

I wouldn't typically talk about a different list when replying to an army list, but that does seem to be the trend atm, so I'll give her a go.

12 daemonettes
standard bearer- standard of ecstacy
-181pts

12 daemonettes
-181pts

12 daemonettes
-181pts

6 seekers
standard bearer
siren standard
-181 pts

6 seekers
standard bearer
siren standard
-181 pts

3 Fiends of Slaanesh

3 Fiends of Slaanesh

KoS- 635
Spirit Swallower
Level 3 mage

The Masque- 90

1960 points. Obviously it's less than what you want to run with, but I figure this right here is the perfect beginning to any mono-Slaanesh list. You could always drop one unit of Fiends and replace them with a few Heralds to scoot up to around 2250. I've already said my opinion of Heralds, YMMV. A single Herald acting as a BSB (perhaps with the Banner of sundering for magic protection) isn't a bad idea, but make sure you don't go overboard on the point cost. Cause that Herald isn't going to be alive long, regardless of how many points you sink into it.

Nabeshin1106
03-06-2008, 05:05
I would drop a unit of Seekers in favor of more Daemonettes or some Fiends. I usually take a Champ, Standard and Siren Standard for all my units, and it seems to work out fairly well.

I generally try to keep my KoS from being too points heavy. I would take Spirit Swallower and keep the magic level at 1 or 2. I would only go for lvl 3 or 4 to fill in points, really.

Chaos Mortal
03-06-2008, 14:31
Unless you are planning on playing with no scenery and expect gunlines every game i would really drop the swallower but its your call, other than that i think you need a few siren song banners and maybe an ectasy banner on a slightly bigger unit to deifnatly get a flank or rear charge on a unit. Also i think if you can squeeze the points i would make your Keeper lvl4 mage.

theunwantedbeing
03-06-2008, 14:36
Yup, not a themed list unless you take a special character that can be said to be part of that theme.
Tiny army, you could really do with some fiends...st3 armies have huge trouble with most things, even with armour piercing.

The second herald doesnt seem to be worth having she just takes up 190points for very little benefit.