PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry attacks back?

Luisjoey
28-05-2008, 08:06
If i got a Imperial Knightly order and i have enemy in the front and in the rear part, can i attack with the horses to the enemies in the rear side of the unit?

Thanks in advance :D

Braad
28-05-2008, 08:13
Yes.

The exception to this is the chariot. It is clearly stated in their rules, AFAIK, that because the pulling animals are tied and stuck to the chariot and so on, that they can only attack enemies to the front.

warlord hack'a
28-05-2008, 08:20
a warhorse is even more dangerous from the back, more power behind the kick..

T10
28-05-2008, 09:36
Odd but true: the dice tend to roll better for the cavalry mounts than the riders...

-T10

The Red Scourge
28-05-2008, 10:11
Odd but true: the dice tend to roll better for the cavalry mounts than the riders...

-T10

So true.

Only chosen khornate knights have better kill ratios than my chaos steeds :wtf:

Yehoshua
28-05-2008, 10:13
I have felt fairly often that my chaos steeds are at least as valuable than their riders.

However, it's pretty clear to me that it's simply a case of perception bias. We remark on, and thus remember, the times the horses do well, because that's unexpected. The opposite is also true of the riders.

Braad
28-05-2008, 12:52
My boars surely out-kill the riders. Well, at least on the charge.
How come?

Ikhoornix
28-05-2008, 13:19
We all know that the riders are just there to provide a better armor save to the cavalry mounts

Spirit
28-05-2008, 13:34
No, thats just not true, i have won combats with just the horses.

You can always be sure that if you roll utter ****** for your nights, the horses will kill 2 or 3.

Also, frenzied S4 horses with hatred are great!

Faustburg
28-05-2008, 14:49
However, it's pretty clear to me that it's simply a case of perception bias. We remark on, and thus remember, the times the horses do well, because that's unexpected. The opposite is also true of the riders.

Indeed, it comes from you most often roll the dice for the steeds last, leaving the impression that a victory is because of them.

Add to this the, probably not so few, times you have rolled less than great for the riders, started counting CR looking at a loss, and then gone "wait, I forgot my horses!", turning it into a narrow win.

Feefait
28-05-2008, 15:15
Only in rare cases are the mounts NOT better then the riders. Ever face goblin wolfriders? I never even worry till the wolves are attacking. Heck even Brett's... I don't care about all the night attacks, btu for some reason all the hoses on top of that just peeves me right off! lol

But yes, to the OP. As it is an attack on a profile, separate from the trooper, then they can be directed in any direction the mount is engaged.

Luisjoey
28-05-2008, 18:54
thanks for the answer!

and yes Mounts are great! they are the true fighters! i won combats by the horses!

Chicago Slim
28-05-2008, 20:22
In my local, we call it "The Imperial Warhorse Effect."

The tagline is: "Tonight, you knights will sleep in the stables, and the horses will have your beds!"

Grimgormx
29-05-2008, 15:04
just remember that khorne raiders dont give the frenzy rule to their mounts.

Thats an exception

Forbiddenknowledge
29-05-2008, 18:22
Heck, even my undead ponies do better than their riders :D

Ethlorien
29-05-2008, 18:42

-T10

I try to convince myself that it's the trample effect that killed the enemies, not just simply that my elven steeds are better warriors then my silver helms. But, deep down, I admit to myself that the horses should be riding the elves into battle w/ lances strapped to their hooves.

badgeraddict
29-05-2008, 18:48
I now will always equip a Bretonnian character with the, one use only STR 4 horse thing.

Always my Bret horses smash more things than my knights!

gortexgunnerson
29-05-2008, 18:57
Well in response to the new powerhouse armies running about I'm waiting for all the crushing army of Warhammer Armies: Steeds. A list of purely mounts! Once free of the poxy riders this new army book will sweep the armies of warhammer world.

Gorbad Ironclaw
29-05-2008, 18:59
just remember that khorne raiders dont give the frenzy rule to their mounts.

Thats an exception

They do in the new WD list.

Urgat
30-05-2008, 14:58
Well in response to the new powerhouse armies running about I'm waiting for all the crushing army of Warhammer Armies: Steeds. A list of purely mounts! Once free of the poxy riders this new army book will sweep the armies of warhammer world.

That army is nothing compared to my boars mounted on wolves!
I have to say I belong to the community of the "my mount is stronger than my rider" peoples :p