PDA

View Full Version : snotlings / multiple targets spells

Cortomaltese
28-05-2008, 11:01
ok: one thread for 2 questions.. both are quite silly.. sorry, but last opponent put me in question..

1) are Snotlings swarm or not?! in the book (at least italian edition) they're stated just as psycho-immune + stubborn, while for example skaven rat swarm and jungle swarms are precisely stated as swarm..
so: do they crumble or not?! if yes is that printed anywhere !? any FAQ about it?!

2) spells with multiple targets, such as cleansing flare, or Cassandora and so on..
suppose they target 3 different units: am i supposed to roll 3 times a D6 (or 2D6) for hits, or simply roll once, and each unit will suffer that ammount of hits?!

ty a lot for the help! :)

jpf1982
28-05-2008, 11:08
Snotling are no longer swarms which makes them most costly and most useless in my opinion. As for the casandora question I believe you just roll once, but I could be wrong on this as I play O&G and don't read the regular spells.

theunwantedbeing
28-05-2008, 11:36
1. Not sure on the snotling thing....not being a swarm has the advantage of not crumbling when beaten in combat by lots which often destroys swarms these days.

2. You roll seperately for each unit hit. Each unit can then take different numbers of hits.

Braad
28-05-2008, 12:50
I am sure about the snotlings. They are not swarms. No crumbling, but also no unbreakable things or whatever swarms do nowadays.

Too bad though...

jpf1982
28-05-2008, 16:07
Yeah it's the loss of unbreakable that makes snotlings worthless now. So what their stubborn on a leadership of 4. Chances are after losing combat to a unit of chumps who are going to probably have static of 5+wounds your going to lose, and on a 4 probably run and not hold your ground, which as I said before makes them useless. For the cost I'd rather have fanatics; at least they'll smash things.

Spirit
29-05-2008, 01:28
If you keep them near your general i would imagine the would perform quite well. Not to mention a bsb.

Braad
29-05-2008, 07:29
Really?
Against WS2 and T2 and no saves? Its sort of like comparing to lawnmowing, where every single grassy you cut gives you a point on combat resolution...

That would still be relying on snake eyes.