PDA

View Full Version : Apocaplypse Flyer Question.

razormasticator
28-05-2008, 12:54
Can flyers fire all their weaponry in Apoc?
I was reading up on them last night and unlike a clear statement like the super heavies have, there is no distinct section of the rules that says that flyers can fire all of their weapons.

I read the 40K manual, because it references, and I read the section on flyers in the apocalypse book like 5 times. I still am not sure.

For example... could a Lightning fighter fire 2 Hellstrikes, shoot the twin linked Lascannons and the Autocannon. or conversely shoot all 6 Hellstrikes if need be?

Varath- Lord Impaler
28-05-2008, 13:02
The Hellstrikes are an Ordinance weapon, so you may not fire any other weapon with them, but you may fire as many Hellstrikes as you wish in one turn.

Apart from this i think your allowed to shoot any and all weapons.

razormasticator
28-05-2008, 13:35
The Hellstrikes are an Ordinance weapon, so you may not fire any other weapon with them, but you may fire as many Hellstrikes as you wish in one turn.

Apart from this i think your allowed to shoot any and all weapons.

Aye there is the rub then. Good to know, thanks for that. I guess the optimum load out for the Lightning is the 6 Hellstrikes/Dual Lascannons.

I love the autocannon for strafing runs etc. and you still get the two Hellstrikes with the Attack variant, but the 6 Hellstrikes is hard to pass up when your hitting targets on a side armor value .

SilverScorpion
30-05-2008, 23:24
you get 4 hellstrikes with the attack lightning,nothing to be sniffed at!

paulb359
02-06-2008, 23:01
I field a Lightning Attack with 4 Hellstrikes and a Lightning Strike with all 6...that makes 10 lovely Hellstrike Missiles...enough to make even a Baneblade cringe...

It's just when AA mounts come into play their delicacy begins to show...

Culven
02-06-2008, 23:23
If I recall correctly, Flyers count as being stationary when shooting. Therefore, they may fire all non-Ordnance weapons or one Ordnance weapon (excepting those with special rules, such as Super-Heavy Flyers).

azimaith
03-06-2008, 00:26
And the rules FAQ and bomb rules state that despite being ordnance weapons (For hellstrikes and bombs) you can use as many of them at one time as you like.

So you can fly in and drop 6 bombs at once and have no issue or go out and fire 6 hellstrike missiles.

If your superheavy you could fire as many bombs/hellstrike missiles/anything else you have all in one turn (at different targets)