PDA

View Full Version : Back after a ten year absence

Smiling Banshee
28-05-2008, 15:52
Ok so my son keeps going on at me to start a WHFB army. I used to play it but we're going back 10 or so years now. In the meantime ive been playing 40K on and off. He really likes Skaven but ive heard they can be a bit hard for beginners, any truth in that?. I thought the perfect place to start would be Battle for Skull pass, seems like a fantastic deal for what you get and ive always liked both orcs & goblins and Dwarfs and their rivalry. Can anyone tell roughly how many points worth of each race you get in the box and also what are your thoughts on the Skull Pass boxed set. Have you got it? Was it a good introducer to the game? Would it be better just to start two armies and buy the rule book? Thanks for reading.

fubukii
28-05-2008, 17:28
the battle of skull pass box is a nice box to say the least.

Buying the rulebook will cost roughly the same cost as the starter set, only you dont get the dice, and the 100 models that come in it. IF either of you are gonna play any of the armies in the box id 100% suggest buying it. as for the pts its roughly 500+ pts per side if i recall correctly

As for skaven, id say they are fairly hard for a new person to play with competitively as they arent very good in combat with any of their units, and rely more on flanking and static cr to win fights as opposed to killing models. but once your learn how the army works they are very powerful.

Bombot
28-05-2008, 17:36
If neither of you will play Gobbos or Dwarfs, then you can always try hunting around on eBay for the Skull Pass rulebook - this is what I did (but then, I'm cheap :))

I have dwarfs mind, but I just didn't want the plastic minis.

Rikkjourd
28-05-2008, 19:29
Just get BFSP - it's the greatest set ever released. Period.

I shared 3 sets with my buddy.