PDA

View Full Version : 2k Wood Elves - No Forest Spirits

Sinew
21-10-2005, 14:45
This is my draft of a WE list that has no models with the Forest Spirit rules. I'm open to suggestions about the makeup of the army (assuming they aren't "add some Forest Spirits":rolleyes: ) and especially suggestions of which armies it'll struggle against, in what ways and anything that can be done to prevent this. Here's the list:

Spellweaver
Level 4, 2 Dispell Scrolls, Calaingor's Staff.

Noble
Elven Steed, longbow, light armour, shield, spear, Horn of the Asrai.

Noble
Wardancer Kindred, Annoyance of Netlings

Noble
Alter Kindred, longbow, light armour, shield, great weapon, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow.

2 x 10 Glade Guard

2 x 5 Scouts

3 x 5 Glade Riders (1 unit includes mounted Noble)
Musicians

6 Wardancers (includes Wardancer Noble)
Musician

7 Wardancers
Musician

3 Warhawk Riders

2 Great Eagles

6 PD
4 DD (2 scrolls)

My plan would be to have lots of march blocking and distraction caused by the two eagles, two scout units and the unled glade riders. The warhawks (possibly with some support from other units) would go for enemy war machines unless they were auto hit machines in which case I'd try to shoot down the crew.

The unit of glade riders led by the mounted noble would try to use the Horn of the Asrai to disrupt opponents plans by pulling units out of place. As it affects units regardless of psychology this could be used to great effect to draw units like Carrion (which have very poor Ld) into positions where they could be killed.

The units that would do the damage would be the wardancers, though obviously they would need support against ranked units, and the Alter Noble could add some extra wounds to dicey combats.

Any of the characters could be the army general, I would think the Wardancer Noble would be the most likely candidate but it's not definite. The spellweaver would try to pump all his power dice into multiple treesinging. Mid-level magic is often frowned upon but I think WE can pull it off due to the amount of mage hunting they have, and the style of play they employ.

What do people think?

Wreckage
22-10-2005, 10:00
I think a level 4 mage with Calaingors Stave is really bad. Calaingors Stave is better for lower level mages. The reason you would want a level 4 is for more spells and access to the Lore of Life, and Calaingors Stave runs counter to that. I would highly recommend either the Wand of Wych Elm or choosing the Lore of Life if you insist on having a Lord level Mage. Otherwise drop it to two Level 2 Mages, one of which carrying the Stave.

I also think that the hero on horse with the (crappy one time use) Horn of the Asrai is a waste of points. Put this in perspective: Choose from him or a unit of 10 Glade Guard. Plus if you scrap him and the lord, you could easily afford 2 level 2 mages.

Scouts are not good. I would drop them to get (much better) Waywatchers. Use the models for more Glade Guard.