PDA

View Full Version : Word Bearers and 4 Marked Marines?

Tonberry King
28-05-2008, 18:59
Okay so this might seem a bit strange but I the thing is that I have always liked Word Bearers, nice colors, cool fluff and a good reason to have a fair amount of robed chaos marines. Problem is this, daemons are fluffy but are bonkers in the new CSM codex as the daemosn now have their own codex, this made me take the approach of a lot of daemonic influence isntead. Things like possesed, daemon prince, defiler and oblitterators to name a few. The biggest deal is, however, that I think Chaos Undivided should include bits n' pieces of all the ruinosu powers and I am terribly dissapointed in the new icon buisness which means I want to include a squad of each of the Gods Marine types. Noise, Plauge, Zerker and Thousand Sons respectively. Is this even defendable fluffwise? Will the different colorschemes make a terrible mess of the entire army or is it possible to paint them as Word Bearers?

I mean do all Noise Marines belong to Emperors Children? Any suggestions and/or clarifications?

Arkley
28-05-2008, 19:07
Well the best way I can answer is... All World Eaters are Zerkies but not all Zerkies are World Eaters...

I think its safe to assume that each of the Undivided Chaos Legions have some elements of all 4 Gods...

Prime example of this is Iron Warriors have some Zerkies.

Tonberry
28-05-2008, 19:10
You can easily have cult troops in an undivided army; all World Eaters are berzerkers, but not all berzerkers are World Eaters, etc.
The chaos codex also has examples of paint schemes on how to incorporate cult troops into another legion, with examples of painting the head in the colour of the cult and the rest as your chosen legion.

Edit: ninja'd, even using the same example :)

Tonberry King
28-05-2008, 19:14
Yeah I suppose that makes sense. But the Thousand Sons are a prime example of something that doesnt seem to fit, all but the sorcerors where turned to dust and the THousand Sons and Zerkers alike have a very unique look to their armour.

Tonberry
28-05-2008, 19:17
You could easily say that the Sorceror in command of the Rubrics is working for your general, perhaps in search of some magic wotnots?

Tonberry King
28-05-2008, 19:23
Indeed. It is easily defendable in the fluff but how would the army look, would be like a lot of different colorschemes in the same army, I do wonder...

outback_hero
28-05-2008, 19:23
Please forgive me, but im just giggling about one tonberry talking to another ;p

Lexington
28-05-2008, 19:45
The guy who wrote the Word Bearers Index Astartes article also wrote stories where bands of Berzerkers worked alongside the Children of Lorgar, so you're probably not too far off...

Gorthor21
28-05-2008, 21:23
well you could suppose that its just cults within the word bearer's legion. like say to represent Khorne, there is a cult of hand to hand fighters(maybe a mix of the zerker and reg csm sprues). tzeentch could be a squad or so of marines with horrid mutations(in game terms, possessed or just a regular squad of marines tooled for CC w/ a champion with the MoT to join them/the champion could be some sort of second in command or adviser to your dark apostle). nurgle could be plague marines with the maroon armor but with quite a bit of corrosion. Slannesh could be havocs with a brilliant array of reds and purples.

the best way to incorporate fluff into an army is to think outside the box, methinks.

Walks-Astray
28-05-2008, 22:13
well you could suppose that its just cults within the word bearer's legion. like say to represent Khorne, there is a cult of hand to hand fighters(maybe a mix of the zerker and reg csm sprues). tzeentch could be a squad or so of marines with horrid mutations(in game terms, possessed or just a regular squad of marines tooled for CC w/ a champion with the MoT to join them/the champion could be some sort of second in command or adviser to your dark apostle). nurgle could be plague marines with the maroon armor but with quite a bit of corrosion. Slannesh could be havocs with a brilliant array of reds and purples.

the best way to incorporate fluff into an army is to think outside the box, methinks.

this sounds great

Corporal Chaos
28-05-2008, 22:38
Do what you want and do not worry about justifying anything, unless yyou need to for your self. Chaos is chaos there are no hard line definitions of who can wear what color or put what rune on their armor. They, Chaos, revel in the confusion that they wreak it is antithema to make them follow loyalist doctrine by conforming to the law of only World Eaters can be Bezerkers and never put on a Word Bearer suit. Enjoy the freedom of chaos and do as you will. The universe is ours to conquer.