PDA

View Full Version : Mortal "Get You By" list question

Crom
28-05-2008, 21:02
Ok, simple question (I ran a search and came up with nothing). Under the "Get You By" Chaos mortal list, does the Mark of Chaos Undivided still exist? Cause I didn't see it mentioned anywhere . . .

Thanks,

Crom

decker_cky
28-05-2008, 21:05
It doesn't exist.

Crom
28-05-2008, 21:10
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm going to miss that . . .

Mike KK
29-05-2008, 01:03
well it does because you can still opt to use your old chaos mortal book until the new one comes out

The Red Scourge
29-05-2008, 05:37
well it does because you can still opt to use your old chaos mortal book until the new one comes out

Yes, and you can still opt to use 3rd edition books too, but thats really beside the point, as you're allowed to do whatever you want to do with this warhammerstuff. Except of course signing up for a tournament with a 6th edition HoC army :p

But do what you like among friends :)

Armilthuan
29-05-2008, 08:27
GW tournaments don't allow you to use Armybooks and WD lists if they are released within one month prior to the tournament.

Which means that you can and must use your 6th edition HoC list and BoC still have access to all the units and options there. In the Dutch GT that is...

Daemons of Chaos just fall outside that scope and can be used though. Bummer... Gonna be a tough fight then...

xragg
29-05-2008, 13:20
I dumped my mortals chaos 'ard boyz list I used in the first round. No way am I going to be stuck with that neutered PoS list they put in WD in the semifinals. I dont mind them totally splitting the chaos armies up (though I feel for those long time chaos players), but that WD list is simply horrible. Why not let people use their books as the get-you-by lists. So what if they had some old version demons or whatever in them. Its not like my 40k chaos marines dont use the same demons as the new 40k demon army, but with different stats and abilities.

Deacon Bane
29-05-2008, 23:47
I had a brief look at the WD list, did I miss something or has the Mark of your General determining the other marks vanished. Can you use Khorne chosen knights in an army led by a Nurgle Exalted Champion?

Armilthuan
30-05-2008, 07:56
That seems to be the trend currently. Chaos Space Marines and daemons also allow you to mix n' match.

Urgat
30-05-2008, 10:08
I dumped my mortals chaos 'ard boyz list I used in the first round. No way am I going to be stuck with that neutered PoS list they put in WD in the semifinals.

Funny, most people testing said list find it rather powerful, in fact...

xragg
30-05-2008, 14:21
Funny, most people testing said list find it rather powerful, in fact...

Well, all my cores are specials now (except 2 units of chaos hounds), I lost 9 power dice, and my discs prefer to walk on the ground now. That pretty much destroys my list. Granted, a different chaos list could maybe do alright, but I dont have that kind of chaos army.

TheNewOracle
30-05-2008, 17:23
I dumped my mortals chaos 'ard boyz list I used in the first round. No way am I going to be stuck with that neutered PoS list they put in WD in the semifinals.

Perhaps you should pay closer attention to actual 'Ardboyz rules then ;)

Hordes of Chaos is Legal for the semi-finals. The White Dwarf list is not to be used until the finals.

xragg
30-05-2008, 18:12
I know, but either way I have to use a different army in the finals. I would rather change this round and if I get eliminated, save myself a longer trip.