PDA

View Full Version : 2k Warriors of Chaos Khorne list(WD list)

logan054
28-05-2008, 22:06
Characters

Exalted Champion of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Daemonic Mount
- Armour of Damnation
- Sword of Might
- Shield
Total 205pts

- Mark of Khorne
- Axe of Khorne
- Enchanted Shield
Total 140pts

Sorcerer
- Familiar of chaos
Total 115pts

Core

15 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Halberds
- Fullcommand
Total 280pts

15 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Shields
- Fullcommand
Total 265pts

24 Marauders of Chaos
- Great Weapons
- Fullcommand
Total 198pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

5 Chaos Hounds
Total 30pts

6 Chaos Hounds
Total 36pts

Special

Chaos Chariots
- Mark of Khorne
Total 115pts

5 Knights of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
Total 180pts

5 Marauder Horsemen
- Flails
- Musician
Total 81pts

Rare

2 Chaos Spawn
Total 120pts

Chaos Giant
Total 205pts

Army Total: 200pts
Dispel dice: 4

Well this is my first attempt at using the new list, i think my army is really feeling the loss of furies and beast, bit wierd how these prices dropd didnt make my army any bigger..

9ine
29-05-2008, 10:40
I would personally drop some Warriors in favour of some armour on the Marauders. Shield and Light armour gives them a 5+ save, which can save their lives sometimes. I would also personally split the Marauder unit, but thats your choice. But it looks like a good list.

logan054
29-05-2008, 13:39
Not sure if i agree with the armour on the marauders, seems a waste of 40pts when in combat they only get a 6+ and against shooting most shooting (bar bows) will ignore the armour anyways.

9ine
29-05-2008, 13:48
Well depends upon what your playing. The light armour on my great weapon Marauders saved me from some High Elf bows, and the Bolt throwers were distracted by my allies shiney chariot and a unit of long-lasting Chaos Warriors. But it's up to you really. If you drop two Chaos Warriors, one from each unit, you can give the Marauders light armour and some more men. But as I said, it's up to you.

logan054
30-05-2008, 22:20
Well after a few games i thought i would make a few changes.

Characters

- Mark of Khorne
- Daemonic Steed
- Shield
- Axe of Khorne
- Collar of Khorne
Total 205pts

- Mark of Khorne
- Shield
- Armour of Damnation
- Sword of Might
Total 165pts

Sorcerer of Chaos
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
Total 125pts

Core

11 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Fullcommand
- Shields
Total 213pts

12 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Chosen
- Fullcommand
- Great Weapons
Total 298pts

19 Marauders of Chaos
- Musician
- Light Armour & Shields
Total 139pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

Special

5 Knights of Chaos
- Chosen
- Mark of Khorne
- Musician
Total 240pts

Chariot of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
Total 115pts

5 Marauder Horsemen
- Flails
- Musician
Total 81pts

Rare

2 Spawn of Chaos
Total 120pts

Chaos Giant
Total 205pts

Army Total: 1998pts
Dispel Dice: 4 + 2 scrolls

Well made some changes based on games yesterday

][nquist0r
30-05-2008, 22:27
I find that 1 giant just isnt worth running due to his damn randomness. Personally I would scrap the Marauder Horsemen and the 2 spawn for another Giant. Sometimes if I face an army with little shooting I'll run the 2 giants up the board together... Yeah that gets a lot of attention but for 410 point it should shouldnt it? lol

Yehoshua
31-05-2008, 09:53
See, I would scrap both the giants and the spawn, and get more horsemen (and possibly chariots). The WD list has lowered the cost of throwing axes to 1(!?!!?!) point, which is awesome. 5 horsemen with Musician, Flails, and Throwing axes is 86 points; this cannot be beat.

I also can't see the allure of marking the chariots khorne; better that they stay unmarked and don't get dragged into terrain, no?

Furthermore, I would give your other Exalted some kind of steed, for the mobility and AS bonus.

I would also give the Chosen Warriors Shields and Halberds; the shields so that they can handily hold a chariot impact or two, the Halberds so that they can take advantage of their superior initiative, round after round.

logan054
31-05-2008, 22:23
Hi thanks for the replies, the only real problem i see with your replies are me not having those extra models and well the lack of variety the army would have (as it has so much with the WD list anyways :mad: ), i mean, wouldnt that be very boring to use?

Why does the chariot have the mark of Khorne? its a khorne list! I honestly worry about the person that wastes his time baiting a single unit with a unit that frankly wont cost a whole lot less. Besides the kind of unit that would bait a chariot is welcome to, id rather that than march blocking my warriors.

Also the reason the 2nd exalted isnt mounted is because of frenzy, if hes on a horse then he can be baited out of the unit, then that extra armour save isnt going to mean alot.

I gave chosen great weapons over halberds for the pure reason of having something to deal with armour, if i give them halberds then they just fill the same role as chosen knights (just being slower). Shields would be nice but then i have to find the points for that.