PDA

View Full Version : Lowmagic Highelf list 2000p

Dogskills
21-10-2005, 17:12
This is a estimation of how it will look, maybe...

Mounted Prince fighty 100p = ca 250p
Bsb fighty 50p = ca 120p
lvl 2 mage disps = 170p
540p
Core
5 silverhelms fc heavy armour shield 150p banner of Ellyrion +15p
5 silverhelms 95p
5 silverhelms 95p
355p
Spec
20 swordmasters fc 290p Blessed tome +25p
12 shadow warriors 180p
2 chariots 160p
655p
Rare
12 white lions fc 191p warbanner +20p
2 repeater boltthrowers 200p
411p
= 1961

So what do you think about this list fluff and tactical.

fubukii
21-10-2005, 20:25
only 2 ranked units, that might wield a problem vs larger horde armies like VC or skaven.

Dogskills
22-10-2005, 02:24
well yes but they are good covered what do you perpose instead?

Eldacar
22-10-2005, 05:14
Mounted Prince fighty 100p = ca 250p
Bsb fighty 50p = ca 120p
lvl 2 mage disps = 170p
First, detail the equipment they will be taking, where they will go, how they will help you, and so on. Second, drop that mage to level 1. If his only purpose is as a scroll caddy, you don't need him as a level 2.

Core
5 silverhelms fc heavy armour shield 150p banner of Ellyrion +15p
5 silverhelms 95p
5 silverhelms 95p
Looks all right. I prefer balanced armies (although cavalry ones are stronger), but you've got flanking units, so you can combine your charges, hopefully to good effect. I would recommend taking Heavy Armour and Shields on all the units, though, not just one of them.

Spec
20 swordmasters fc 290p Blessed tome +25p
12 shadow warriors 180p
2 chariots 160p
Divide the Shadow Warriors into two units of 6 rather than one unit of 12. The Chariots are fine, but drop the Swordmasters down to 12-14. They aren't suited to an MBU-style approach, since they die very fast, and tend to be something of a missile and magic magnet.

Rare
12 white lions fc 191p warbanner +20p
2 repeater boltthrowers 200p
411p
Here, I would drop the White Lions in favour of Eagles. Eagles work far better than the White Lions do, since they have many uses, while remaining dirt cheap. White Lions in units of 12 are going to be serving a flanking role, but you won't need them, because you have plenty of flankers already.

Could you give more detail into tactics and the like, though? It's hard to give advice without knowledge of how you play, because ultimately, you'll be the one who is actually using the army. You do need more ranked units, though. I'd say to get Spearelves, because they are the most effective HE infantry unit for what they do.

Lord Anathir
23-10-2005, 00:19
There is always the option of making ur prince a lion guard. Then add 2 eagles. it will give ur army some flavour.

Dogskills
23-10-2005, 16:44
Ok there are a few things that I need to clearify. The reason for the 3 units of Silverhelms are because I loath the plastic infantary, the arhers look not straight if you get my point.. And the spearmen are just YECK with hands the size of footballs. Do not like.
What I really would like is a infantary based army with a few fast units to counter charge and some arty to whittle down the enemy while they advance. I know the presented army does not show this but it is a try. Like sort of Empire Highelf list. I to like balanced armies. I think I will have to rethink the whole thing and maybe go trough the hussle and money to get classic Highelf infantary.

Flypaper
24-10-2005, 02:16
If you're the shameless type (and I know I am! :chrome: ) you can always use the much-prettier Dark Elf spearmen with the cool serrated spears instead. Keep your paint scheme consistent - and trade some bitz here and there with the Silver Helms - and they should integrate just fine...

Eldacar
24-10-2005, 07:31
What I really would like is a infantary based army with a few fast units to counter charge and some arty to whittle down the enemy while they advance. I know the presented army does not show this but it is a try. Like sort of Empire Highelf list. I to like balanced armies. I think I will have to rethink the whole thing and maybe go trough the hussle and money to get classic Highelf infantary.
It's a good idea, and is how the High Elves are traditionally played. I'd use it myself, actually. However, in making your MBU units out of T3 5+AS expensive infantry (more expensive than Spearelves), you are creating a weakness in your force. Generally, Elite Infantry serves best when in smaller units, because they retain an element of deadliness while still being capable of packing a punch when they hit. As well as this, they won't cost as much, so there is more chance of them not being dealth with until it is too late.

I'd get my hands on some Spearelves. Try the Dark Elf ones if you have to and swap some parts around if you don't like the current ones enough.

Dogskills
25-10-2005, 21:31
Thank u guys I will check out the darkelf spear thingie.

Olannon
25-10-2005, 21:48
check www.asur.org ;)

Should be a good place to start with HE