PDA

View Full Version : First try at Vampire Counts, Character heavy 2K

speedstream
29-05-2008, 01:07
With the recent update of Vampire Counts I must admit that I have joined the bandwagon and purchased the Armybook with plans to make a 2,000 point list. I spent quite a while reading other lists and tactics and I think I might have made a decent list.

It mainly focuses on summoning, which is why the characters are so expensive, but I'm still unsure of this list so I'd like to know what others think about it.

Vampire Counts - 2,000 points

Lords

Vampire Lord - lvl. 3, Master of the Black Arts, Forbidden Lore, Lord of the dead, The Flayed Hauberk, Helm of Commandment, Black Periapt

Heroes

Vampire - lvl. 1, Master of the Black Arts, The Flayed Hauberk, Sceptre de Noirot -200

Vampire - lvl. 1, Master of the Black Arts, The Flayed Hauberk, Black Periapt

Vampire - BSB, lvl. 1, Master of the Black Arts, Drakenhof Banner - 300
(is the banner too expensive? It's for the grave guard wih some characters)

Core

Skeleton Warriors - 15 skeletons, Full Command - 115
Skeleton Warriors - 15 skeletons, Full Command - 115
Crypt Ghouls - 10 Ghouls, Ghast - 88
Corpse Cart - 75

Special

Grave Guard - 20 Grave Guard, Full Command, Banner of the Barrows - 315

Rare
Varghulf - 175

Total: 1998

I have never played or faced Vampire Counts before so any comments on how this list could be improved would be appreciated. My plan is to have the lord raise the skeleton units as much as possible while the 3 vampires raise as much zombies as possible. The vampire with the sceptre will be raising the units and the other will be building them up and also raising some of their own.

-Speed

Zikan
29-05-2008, 03:32
You can't have more than one flayed hauberk in your army, as it is a magical piece of armor.