PDA

View Full Version : Never Played Bloodbowl - some help plz

stampy
29-05-2008, 02:09
Hi All

I am looking to start playing bloodbowl as it just something i can take with me each club meeting and play if i can't get a game of fantasy - that and the fact its extremely popular at my club. Anyway, no one at my club plays a chaos team so decided to do them - its currently 1 of 2 teams not being played, other being Elves (Pro elves). So, this is my first ever team roster and would just like some feedback from you guys so that i don't get a pasting:

1 Minotaur
3 Chaos Warriors
7 Beastmen
2 Re-rolls
1 Fan Factor - or just have 10k left over

So, what do you think? Got any advice for using a chaos team? I know they are a 'kill the opposition then worry about the ball' team but i have heard of people talking about 'cages' etc

All feedback is greatly appreciated ;)

Stampy

-fen-
29-05-2008, 09:29
Ok, first of all is this LRB5? I'm going to assume so, but I'll try and keep a lot of the information more general.

Chaos are not really a 'Kill' type team, especially not to start with. In fact they are more of a running/blitzing team for most of their career and only really take off as killers very late on. So you need to concentrate on scoring ahead of anything else for much of your career. You need to get those 2 or 3 TDs every game if you want to kill things.

Now that said, there's another problem with Chaos. They're difficult to play, one of the hardest teams outside of Tier 2 & 3 teams like Ogres, Goblins, Vampires and Halflings. So you've not picked yourself an easy team to learn the basics with. If you're OK with that and won't get frustrated easily then it's not so much of an issue.

As for the team. It's not an ideal starting roster for Chaos. Rerolls are very important to Chaos as you don't have Sure Hands, Block or any kind of skill that reduces the need to use team rerolls.

This is the team I pretty much recommend every time.

4 Chaos Warriors
7 Beastmen
3 Rerolls
0 FF

The plan from here is to get the Apoth, then the mino then reroll number 4. You should then be set up and can either get another reroll if you need it or save up and replace lost players. I know the minotaur looks like a big exciting killer, but he's really not that hot compared to the Chaos Warriors.

Cages are loose formations of players that are used to protect the ball carrier. The most basic of which is the 5X

X.X
.B.
X.X
X = A player and B = your ball carrier
This formation puts two tackle zones on every square around your ball carrier and makes it difficult for the opposition to hit him without making a risky dodge. There are other formations you can use as well, but that's the meat and potatoes one.

Tennboy
29-05-2008, 13:09
Using Fen's cage tactic, here is a little something extra I like to utilize when running a cage.

When moving my cage, I like to pull my blitzing player from the back, if the opposition is massing in front of me. Basically if your cage can only move as fast as your slowest player, blitzing from the back keeps you from stringing out your cage.