PDA

View Full Version : self killing characters and units

Walks-Astray
29-05-2008, 06:58
hi guys, i'm looking for ideas for a new army, so i'm trying to round up every character and unit that has the chance of inflicting themselves a wound by having or using some ability... that is, besides standard psykers (psyker with strange rules are welcome though)

thanks!

Logarithm Udgaur
29-05-2008, 07:34
Anybody with Imperial plasma weaponry.

Serpent
29-05-2008, 07:35
-Dark Eldar with Combat Drugs.
-LatD Mutants with Fire Arms.

EmperorEternalXIX
29-05-2008, 07:45
Don't Chaos Lords with a Daemon Weapon take a wound if they roll a 1?

The Khorne Chaos Lord does it all the time...

Grey Seer Skretch
29-05-2008, 07:48
A Tzeentchian Daemon weapon has the bonus chance of causing you TWO wounds in one turn I think, as it can wound you while shooting and then do it again in hth on the same turn! Mine did it once, then the guy was killed by a nearby exploding Rhino...really, really lame....

Tonberry
29-05-2008, 08:44
Kharn can killy friendlies in his own unit, but not himself.

Perfect Organism
29-05-2008, 08:47
Orks are probably one of the best suicidal armies...

Ork weirdboy (one of his 'powers' makes his head explode).
Ork big mek with shokk attack gun (can kill himself and anyone within 6" and slaughter friendly units with missfires).
Any ork mek with a kustom mega blaster.
Flash gits with blasta upgrade and kaptin badrukk.
Any ork unit which has a bosspole (most of them can) can inflict a wound on itself to get a Ld re-roll.
Any ork unit which uses a Waagh can take a wound if they roll badly on the movement dice.
Boss Zagstrukk can kill his own stormboys when making an attack after a deep strike.

More generally, any unit deepstriking runs a serious risk of taking casualties in the current rules as do bikes and jump infantry who aren't sufficiently paranoid about difficult terrain.

Barbarossa
29-05-2008, 08:50
Demo charges are also nice.

Grey Seer Skretch
29-05-2008, 08:56
Indeed, anything with Ordnance, just roar up to stuff and fire point blank, its either very spectacular or highly disasterous...

Shadowphrakt
29-05-2008, 09:02
I always laugh when Azreal is on his last wound and then overloads his Plasma Gun. Lol. I was playing him and this happened. Much Hilarity!

Ter
29-05-2008, 10:08
I once made a D-99 1000 point list.
It had: 2 demo charge, 7 plasma pistol (at squad leaders) and 16 plasma gun(50 models)
all of them had 5+ save (except the 3 sentinels) and used deep strike.

Great potential to kill your own man :)

ReclecteR
29-05-2008, 10:32
Tyranid Carnifex' can cause a wound when making a spore mine.
Witch hunter arco-flaggellants can kill themselves with combat drugs quite spectacularly
The eversor assassin also explodes when he dies.
Warp spiders can suck themselves into the warp on their assault move.
I'm sure there are other which ahevnt been mentioned yet as well.

the1stpip
29-05-2008, 10:55
Can't remember his name, but the Ork freebooter special character has an assault 3 gets hot weapon. It causes more wounds on him than it does on the enemy.

Tomb Spyders can take a wound when creating scarabs.

Lord Damocles
29-05-2008, 12:58
Arco Flagellants can kill themselves by moving, oh and by fighting...

Yriel is also quite good at killing himself.

Edit: Gland Warriors!

ThousandPlateaus
29-05-2008, 13:05
Daemonhunter Terminators can self-wound with the holocaust power.

Tommygun
29-05-2008, 13:07
Ork bomb Squigs and Grot smart bomb. The Snotling ammo for the Shokk Attack Gun.

ReveredChaplainDrake
29-05-2008, 13:07
Anything with "Gets Hot!" guns. My Plasma Guns can be really wacky sometimes because they either kill nobody with overheats, or all my overheats kill their owners in one turn.

In 5th edition, all Blast Templates are more likely to kill potential assaulters than their actually intended targets! Let's see here: nerfed Deathspitters, nerfed Venom Cannons, nerfed Warp Blasts, and uber-nerfed Barbed Stranglers, all with an average 4" scatter (I assure you, Space Marines are far less worried about that Barbed Strangler than the Genestealers about to assault them are!) means that Tyranids will likely take the place of Orks as the masters of suicide next edition. Or, there will be even more idiotic amounts of Devourers flying around!

The_Outsider
29-05-2008, 13:10
Close combat plasma guard backed up by basilisks.

You'll be lucky if you have anything left by turn 4.

Wraithbored
29-05-2008, 14:03
Anything using nurgle demons as allies in a scenario against Daemonhunters.

Grey Seer Skretch
29-05-2008, 14:06
Note that the all-powerful Obliterator can now frazzle itself with Plasma Cannon overheats...an opponent recently managed to cook off two (or possibly three) of his own Oby's in a single game this way, horribly unlucky but wonderfully entertaining for me...

Lame Duck
29-05-2008, 14:07
Do choas dreads still shoot at your own guys? If so, then tha's another.

Bork
29-05-2008, 15:35
Commisars executing their own officers and squad leader.
Anything that deepstrikes runs the risk.
Daemonhosts bloodboil power can take a few of your own down.
Using grots to clear mines.
Eldar using vibrocannon indiscriminately.
In the previous ork codex when lootas looted plasma weapons, ouch!

Lordsaradain
29-05-2008, 17:53
Do choas dreads still shoot at your own guys? If so, then tha's another.

Yes, indeed they do. ;)

...wait, why am I smiling?