PDA

View Full Version : Scale of night goblins

tenpole
29-05-2008, 10:33
Can anyone give a comprehensive scale guide to the night goblins that have been produced over the years. The 5th edition night goblins seem to be the size of the current new plastic nigth goblins. Then GW bought out the night goblin boxed set which was as I thought a bit too big for night goblins although the models looked good. The metal fanatics to acompany these were also scaled up to be the same size as the old boxed plastics.
Have the new range all been scaled down to the same size?

Braad
29-05-2008, 12:27
Its a bit weird yeah. The new fanatics are the same size as the new night gobbo's, while I think most of the new characters are closer to the old night goblins...

Squig hoppers haven't changed, neither have the herds, so they are still old scale, and bigger then the new plastics...

Weldo Rubin
29-05-2008, 13:38
It's a bit weird yeah. The new Fanatics are the same size as the new Night Gobbos, while I think most of the new Characters are closer to the old Night Goblins...

That'll be because they are Greenskin Characters (=bigger).

tenpole
30-05-2008, 12:30
Bigger character figures is not an unreasonable thing. You want to highlight your big tuff powerful characters, except when the empire cannon is brought to bare down on them.

Braad
30-05-2008, 12:49
Indeed true. My main warboss is bigger than Grimgor.
However, for the gobbo's they really are quite bigger then the foot troops, and I also think for some their face are closer to the old gobbo's then the new ones.

Ward.
30-05-2008, 12:51
Indeed true. My main warboss is bigger than Grimgor.
However, for the gobbo's they really are quite bigger then the foot troops, and I also think for some their face are closer to the old gobbo's then the new ones.

Well then they're not gobbo's, just short orcs pulling a fast one on some goblins.

Urgat
30-05-2008, 14:46
That'll be because they are Greenskin Characters (=bigger).

Nah they're just scaled around the old plastic night gobs :p
There is zero sense of scale in the greenskin armies, it's kindda ridiculous.

Braad
30-05-2008, 14:53
Well, its not that terrible, since the "bigger is stronger" thing does apply.

The main problem that arises here if you ask me is that the common gobbo's and the new night gobbo's don't really fit together, and same goes when night gobbo's against squig hoppers/herders are compared.

Anyway, my complete horde is composed of the old night gobbo's and some of the new characters since they fit in perfectly. The only smaller ones I have are the spider riders, and I was actually thinking about maybe using the new night gobbo's to convert into forest goblin troops (though first I need to learn to sculpt feathers very fast...).

Weldo Rubin
30-05-2008, 15:57
There is zero sense of scale in the Greenskin Armies, it's kindda ridiculous.

The main problem that arises here if you ask me is that the common Gobbos and the new Night Gobbos don't really fit together, and same goes when Night Gobbos against Squig Hoppers/Herders are compared.

Hear! Hear!