PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Beardyness

The Brusier
29-05-2008, 10:04
hey, I've just noticed something in the Dwarf book. Is it possible to take 3x magic resistance 1 runes on banner (4get what there called) and the 3x magic resistance runes 1 on character (also 4get what there called) and lump them into a unit, giving it magic resistance 6! I know magic resistance doesn't stack, but in the rune rules it states the runes can stack. Can this work?

Loopstah
29-05-2008, 10:12
hey, I've just noticed something in the Dwarf book. Is it possible to take 3x magic resistance 1 runes on banner (4get what there called) and the 3x magic resistance runes 1 on character (also 4get what there called) and lump them into a unit, giving it magic resistance 6! I know magic resistance doesn't stack, but in the rune rules it states the runes can stack. Can this work?

No because the runes only stack on 1 item, i.e. you can add the MR up on that item by using more than 1 rune.

2 items with the runes on wouldn't stack as you can't add MR together from different sources.

The Brusier
29-05-2008, 11:48
oh thank you, I though that was a bit broken

Grimgormx
29-05-2008, 13:53
I think that if you have 2 diferent sources of MR in 1 unit, you cant stack this, but you can use the biggest MR first and if another spell is cast to the unit, you can use the 2nd MR, at least thats the way it works with Morgiana La Fey

Loopstah
29-05-2008, 14:10
I think that if you have 2 diferent sources of MR in 1 unit, you cant stack this, but you can use the biggest MR first and if another spell is cast to the unit, you can use the 2nd MR, at least thats the way it works with Morgiana La Fey

I was under the impression MR worked on a spell by spell basis, so if you have MR 2 and someone casts 3 spells at the unit you get 2 dice for each spell. So having two different MR sources in the same unit would be pointless.

Shallowain
29-05-2008, 15:28
MAgic resistance does not stack, the highest value in the unit is used.