Repeater Bolt Thrower

Repeater Bolt Thrower)

Great Eagle (1#,)

Great Eagle (1#,)

Dragon Princes (5#,)
Total Cost: 2000

Kai Itzah
29-05-2008, 16:42
Seeing as that definitely does not add up to 2000, I assume you added Full Commands, extra levels etc.? If that is so, first of all I'd swap the Silver Wand for Jewel of the Dusk. Then I'd give your Noble Dragon Armour, a Shield and an Extra Hand Weapon. Then out of my preference I'd lose the two RBTs for 10 Shadow Warriors. By reducing your Lothern Sea Guard to 12 and getting rid of all the musicians you can get another unit of those and give them both Shields. This is pretty much what it looks like now:

Archmage: Level 4, Jewel of the Dusk, Talisman of Saphery, Folariath's Robe.

Mage: Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Seerstaff of Saphery.

Noble: Dragon Armour, Shield, Extra Hand Weapon, Reaver Bow.

12 Lothern Sea Guard: Champion, Standard Bearer, Shields.

12 Lothern Sea Guard: Champion, Standard Bearer, Shields.

20 Spearmen: Sentinel, Standard Bearer.

15 Phoenix Guard: Champion, Standard Bearer, Banner of Sorcery.

5 Dragon Princes: Champion, Standard Bearer.

10 Shadow Warriors: Shadow-Walker.

Great Eagle.

Great Eagle.

2000pts exactly.

This gives you more troops etc. to hold enemy units to be smashed by the Dragon Princes. 2 Great Eagles can easily take care of a normal cannon line while the Shadow Warriors can weaken the enemy and the Lothern can do what they usually do, be immensely useful in virtually every situation. The main problem with your old list was a lack of troops and the fact that your Noble was just sitting there. That fixes both problems. I'd also consider putting him on a horse, I just couldn't find the points for that at the time.

winkypinky
29-05-2008, 21:03
Archmage: Level 4, Jewel of the Dusk, Talisman of Saphery, Folariath's Robe.

Mage: Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Seerstaff of Saphery.

Noble: Dragon Armour, Shield, great weapon, Reaver Bow.

10 Lothern Sea Guard: Shields. musician

10 Lothern Sea Guard: Shields, musician.

18 Spearmen: Sentinel, Standard Bearer. musician

15 Phoenix Guard: Champion, Standard Bearer, Banner of Sorcery, musician.

5 Dragon Princes: musician.

5 Ellyrian Reavers: Bows, musician. (might as well be shadow warriors, but instead of 10 with a shadow stalker go for 2 units of 5, or a bigger unit. But never ever take a shadow stalker. He cost almost as much as 1 more shadow warrior)

Great Eagle.

Great Eagle.

Havnt calculated the total. But it is probably a bit more than 100 points less than the above mentioned list.
So you can add an other unit.

More units is in my oppinion more important than a few very expensive upgrades. (And upgrades that gives huge amounts of VP's.

Personally I would drop the spearmen for a 13 man unit of swordmasters with musician. It is only 201 points and a much greater threath to your opponent than 18-21 spearmen.
- Or drop a unit of LSG for a RBT.

I would always go for a great weapon instead of 2-hand weapons on a noble on foot.